Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Saving this post to show my wife later when she starts to question all my NLU event purchases this summer.

3 Likes

They will not be receiving a home roost discount :wink:

2 Likes

My man!! Parma Heights here. I’ve only kinda played Ridgewood twice—once I walked off after 4 holes because the pace was dreadful! I played the front another time and really enjoyed it. Course has good bones IMO and the clubhouse has mega Strapped vibes. Seems like the pro there knows the ropes, but it’s just so league heavy I’m always worried about pace of play.

1 Like

That’s awesome. Way to take the initiative then kick ass and run with it.

2 Likes

You have to know when to get on. They really need to get an online tee system.

The pro, Dave, is a real gem. He’s a cross between the Soup Nazi, Mike Ditka, and Craig T. Nelson.

The course has GREAT bones. If we could do a restoration of certain things, it’d be unbelievable. One time I was bored and I typed up a restoration plan that I believe could be done for less than 500k. But considering the clubhouse is literally falling down…it’ll never happen.

I have one of the oldest homes in the area, built right after WWI. You can see it in those aerial shots in Ridgewood’s clubhouse as you sip on a triple shot drink in a styrofoam cup, which the girl behind the bar probably charged you 5 dollars for.

2 Likes

We talking lovable Coach Craig T. Nelson or bad guy in Turner and Hooch Craig T. Nelson?

1 Like

Depends on the level of Parmageddon occuring on the property that day…

2 Likes

I would try and sneak out of the office for an emergency lunch 9 there on Thursday’s pre-covid (boss worked from home on Thursdays) and the women’s league would call the city and report you if you hit anywhere within 50 yards of them or tried to play through. It has good bones and some decent holes, but I heard weekend rounds drag big time so I never played all 18 at once.

Is there a signup for the Manakiki event yet? Porco after - man I’m so in.

2 Likes

While you’re in the mood for signing up for things, don’t forget THE Ohio State Matchplay Tournament. :wink:

3 Likes

You mean this one?

3 Likes

@smithburger coming in clutch when the dummy @golf4miami forgets to link the sign up sheet.

What’s the ‘paid’ line and who do I owe money to?

1 Like

$10 to @golf4miami His venmo is above. We will get it added to the sign up sheet as well to make it easier on people.

2 Likes

Not sure if this has been posted yet, and its not yet official, but news leaking of Intel selecting “New Albany, OH” for their next super fab site. I work with these guys, so when this actually starts to kick off, should be able to plan some trips out. Will check back in here for some quality golf in CBus area. And for anybody looking for a job in high-tech, options should abound…

7 Likes

Just confirming, this is still pending right?

Christ it feels weird writing the same thing on a golf message board 10 minutes after using it in a work email.

1 Like

Haha.

Yeah, stickers will be in hand tomorrow and I think @methridge has tees he’s working on or has ordered already. My assumption is we will start handing these out at the events for a $10 bill and profit goes to a charity. Cincy could be one massive merch swap between bag tags stickers and tees.

10 Likes

Tees are in progress, western birch under construction so lead times are pushed out but we should have them before the events start. I will post a sign up and purchase instructions soon.

8 Likes

Need to see more zips on here that start with double 4’s!

1 Like

My wife is an veteran NLU/Refuge spouse at this point and has gotten really good at tuning me out when I start talking about anything related. The Roost’s creation though took that skill to another level.

She made a joke the other day about potentially starting a support group for OATW spouses and now I’m wondering if maybe she’s on to something…

5 Likes