Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

Golf event planning and putting golf on the calendar for the win. This weather can kick rocks

3 Likes

Went to the Dayton golf expo today. Can’t say it was great but I did talk to the Miami Valley Golf association ceo and reactivated my GHIN. I’m ready for oatw szn.

4 Likes

Steve?

Yessir

He’s who I had been working on the Madden project, which has shifted focus, with. Great guy. Very hard worker.

1 Like
2 Likes

I was a member when it was still called Royal Oak. I don’t remember their pool being any good. There were some social events but it was more of a “golf club.”

The course wasn’t bad. Not sure what conditioning is like now. You sometimes would get kids and teenagers running onto the course from the white trash apartments on holes 16? 17? Can’t remember but they were definitely around.

1 Like

More chum in the water here, look for details on a Columbus event here soon, looking like sometime in June.

2 Likes

These are sick! Super excited about the buckets!

I’ll definitely be into no Findlaying up, Columbus, Dayton, Cincy events. The google calendar is a great idea, already added to mine. Thanks to everyone for putting in the effort!

If i can help with Cincy/Dayton events let me know, would be happy to put the work in.

1 Like

Hey all,

Something I do want to embrace a bit more is the channels in slack. Right now we’ve got the merch and the garage sale ones that are fairly active. If you guys create new ones or revive old ones please make sure to let us know. I’d prefer I sell garage stale stuff in Ohio than posting feet pics.

Joe

4 Likes

What is a slack?

5 Likes

IMG_0128

2 Likes

Add another to the calendar fellas.

7 Likes

As is tradition, its view only.

5 Likes

I tried to remember this too. All set.

1 Like

Hell yes, thank you from bringing this back. I missed last year regrettably and I’m excited for this year.

1 Like

hey @BMB1313 here’s the google sheet to use to sign up with!

Also, here’s our slack link!

https://join.slack.com/t/ohioagainsttheworld/shared_invite/zt-2ajfbuf50-M4GsnDEEPIJUybwaNQGfIg

1 Like

Cold shitty day bump. Take a day/half day off and come play one of the other decent local courses with us, then stick around for some drinks, dinner, and a fun hang

Also want to bump this event. Throw your name on the bottom of the wait list, and join us in defending Ohio’s good name. Hoping to land us a provocative sponsor for the event next week, too…

1 Like

Gonna piggy back and remind everyone the Match Play tournament is back on for 2024 as well!

4 Likes

Frozen hellscape strugglebus

I love Ohio but my patience for winters is basically gone anymore…even when most of this will be gone by next week.

7 Likes