Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

I would second going and skipping the GB club, which I believe is just an air conditioned tent, plenty of shady spots to post up if you need a break.

Also they have a pretty good volunteer program. If you do 12 hours worth of work they give you two week long passes. Think if you do 8 it’s one week long pass and one day pass.

1 Like

Hell yeah man. We’re very excited about the area. Love how walkable it is. My wife is kind of uncomfortably obsessed with bagels so she was pumped to see a bagel shop nearby and I’m now pumped that there’s controversy involved! Will definitely take you up on both golf and drinks once we’re moved in!

I’m another UD grad. Seems we might have a foursome of CLE/UD/Nesters.

2 Likes

For sure!

One week from tomorrow for the findlay event. Still a couple spots open.

3 Likes

Come infiltrate the FcF flagship event. Last week for spamming my “home state”

Come to Detroit and play a shit ton of golf next week!

2 Likes

I leave my computer for 10 minutes…

John Travolta Where Are You Guys GIF - John Travolta Where Are You Guys There No One Here - Discover & Share GIFs

3 Likes

Hey guys, non-Ohioan here. My coworkers and I haven’t seen each other in person since before Covid came along. We are scheduled to meet in Hudson the week of June 6 and we’ve left open the afternoon of June 9 for a round of golf. None of us are from the area, so I was hoping to get a recommendation or two from the local Refugees.

There are 6 of us, all over 40, including one low cap (<5), two high caps (20+), and three total novices. With that in mind, is there a place we can play that might be memorable/unique/special that isn’t going to break the bank, and where the high caps and novices aren’t going to lose a dozen balls each?

Ellsworth Meadows.

5 Likes

Teams and individuals out for the Men’s Regional at Scarlet 5/16-5/18. Gonna be some great spectating.

4 Likes

Ellsworth Meadows. Good course. Not overly challenging. Definitely a good spot for everyone.

2 Likes

Yep. Ellsworth. Super fun.

2 Likes

My Ohio “Post Semester, Pre-Work” Tour

• Today, Findlay Country Club (assuming they aren’t shut after all that rain)
  • Monday, Blacklick Woods
  • Tuesday, the illustrious Wilson Road Country Club
  • Wednesday, Ohio State Gray

I only wish I’d still be in town next weekend for the event.

4 Likes

FCC will be very wet

I’m not heading out until this evening. Hopefully a little bit of sun and all this wind will help clear it up a little bit.

Got out for 9 at Greyhawk this morning. I honestly don’t know how I feel about this place. It is always my go to for an impromptu 9 with a buddy who lives way out west side. It seems to be insanely windy there every time I play it but I don’t know if that annoys me or adds to the fake links vibe. I also feel like if I were to hit 6 iron repeatedly I may shoot 40 (18 hc) the way it’s laid out. Curious what others think of this place.

Edit: as an 18 cap the constantly not flat lies likely throw me off as well

Hahaha. Yeah. We were supposed to have opening day today and it got moved.

You walk and play?

Yeah.

FCC was wet, and windy. No cart paths, so no carts on the wet course. Conditties were tough out there but it was still a beautiful day. The old man walked the front 9 before retiring to the clubhouse to rest his bum hip. Up until then we only saw 2 other guys on the course and after that I’m pretty sure I had the whole place to myself, which after playing packed tee sheets at public courses and munis on the reg is just a transcendent experience.

That said, I got punched in the mouth by the rough. Hasn’t been mown for a few days owing to the rain, and even then I’ve been playing relatively thin and dry bermuda grass down in NC for the past year. I just couldn’t handle it. It kinda sucks to hit shots and watch them land, then walk over to them and they’re just absolutely nowhere.

Didn’t matter though. Beautiful day, great time with the dad. Got some great pictures that I’ll get uploaded sometime soon.

3 Likes