Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

36 minutes for me…right on the edge (with 2 kids). 2 hours of total time for an hour practice session at a really good facility is a really nice draw.

1 Like

Headed out to Dublin / Columbus for the Memorial & Zoo trip for the next few days. Does anyone have any restaurant suggestions or tips for the Memorial?

2 Likes

There are going to be people with better recommendations than me. Food wise if you head down Frantz Road I personally like the Rail for nice burgers and Enricos for pizza

Some info on players coming to Springfield for final qualifying on the 5th.

https://twitter.com/MiamiValleyGolf/status/1663573229242286082

3 Likes

Full Springfield Qualifier Tee Times now posted.

Notables:
Dylan Wu
Zac Blair
Taylor Pendrith
Davis Love III
James Piot
Austin Squires
Beau Hossler
Max McGreevy
Scott Piercy
Nick Hardy
Troy Merritt
Thomas Detry
Brian Stuard
JJ Spaun

Looks like I’ll be with the following group all day:
Mac McClear
Scott Piercy
Will Morlan

1 Like

I’ll give you $5 to show Piercy your vaccine card.

6 Likes

Not a single player on there I want to watch. Bummer.

2 Likes

I have 2 spots open for Legendary Run Sunday (the 4th) at 8:15.

2 Likes

What kind of food you like?

1 Like

Vaccine Card? You serious Clark?

1 Like

Thanks Joe! Had an awesome weekend despite the weather trying it’s best to make things difficult.

Got a round in at the Asheville Muni on Friday… Old Donnie Ross routing and bones under years and years of city course maintenance/management/budget. Undergoing a 3M reno and the new greens are FIRM. Still has a long way to go but it’s hard to find a better course for $45. Def recommend it for anyone that’s down that way.

3 Likes

No tee times yet for Columbus quali but the list is out, pretty nice field.
Grillo, Shenk, Mr. All In, Kisner, Donald, Brendan Todd, Chezfest, Sam Ryder, Pierceson Coody, Cam Champ, Patrick Rodgers, Justin Lower, Streelman, List, Glover, Fritteli, Van Rooyen, Malnati, Hickory Hills Pro Ben Kern. Plenty other mules too

4 Likes

More mules than the Short North on a Saturday night.

7 Likes

Open to mostly anything that is kid friendly that’s not outrageously priced. The Rail has been suggested so far which looks pretty good based on ratings.

2 Likes

Rail is solid- If you like Asian/Chinese food, Sesame Sea is tasty. Dublin Village Tavern is another good option, but you gotta go into downtown Dublin, and that could be a shit show.

Head to Forefest over at Bridge Park Friday/Saturday night. Lots of activities, live music, tons of restaurants.

1 Like

From the Zoo, it’s a 5 minute drive east into Powell where there are a few nice little spots. Liberty Tavern, Local Roots, Crafthouse #5 and Oishii Japanese Bistro are all within 100 yards of each other. Park behind Liberty Tavern if you are going to any one of these places.

Gallo’s Tap House, Koble and Pablo’s Havana Cafe (not a great sit-down place but incredible Cuban Sandwiches) are all right there too.

All are good food and family friendly, we go with our kids all the time. It also heads away from Dublin so it might be a little easier to get a seat.

2 Likes

You mention Powell, but not Nocterra?

2 Likes

I’m very curious what the logic is for players deciding between Columbus and Springfield. Looking at the fields, it seems like Springfield is an easier route unless the field sizes/number of qualifiers varies drastically.

4 Likes

Exactly the your last point, Columbus usually has 12 or so spots and Springfield has had 6 or 7 i think, i may be off on that. To my knowledge you can put your preference of site on your application but it’s not a guarantee. Some of the really small fields will have 2 or 3 spots up for grabs

2 Likes

Even though kids are allowed there, I wouldn’t call it kid friendly. I love the beer and Ray’s Ray’s is great. I just didn’t see it fitting into what he wanted.
I love a Southern Terminus with Jalepenos as a garnish though…. 1 turns into 10 real quick

1 Like