Roll Call: Ohio (OATW adjacent) and localized ice cream debates (Part 1)

It gets tough very quickly though, football season taking up weekend time, back to school, etc.

2 Likes

Which I’m totally totally ok with, but Mike has an event in Cincy in October that we should give some version of points to for playing. I think a Ryder Cup would be a blast somehow with all of us playing against each other etc…

4 Likes

Any rec’s for a hidden gem on the road between Toledo and Columbus? My brother is flying in for the Memorial, and we’re planning to play somewhere along the drive down Thursday am. Stone Ridge in BG is my first instinct, but maybe there’s a better fit closer to Columbus/Delaware.

I’m thinking we’ll try to get out for a round with my 77 year old dad over the weekend, probably Sat. am. Leaning towards an outing at Dublin, which I’ve never played. It’s close to our Airbnb, so would be convenient, but I might try to get my brother out to Virtues if my dad decides he’s not up to it. Any other hidden gems in Columbus that should be on my radar?

1 Like

Can I point you towards Sycamore Springs in Findlay? That’s your answer and it’ll be backed up by about 50 other people here.

3 Likes

How was it?! Other than bonkers competitive? -8 just to get to a 10-for-2 playoff?! Hope you guys had a blast.

1 Like

Sycamore Springs is the only answer.

4 Likes

On your way from Sycamore to Columbus stop off in Dunkirk and have a bite to eat at Shenaniganz, yes with a Z, vibes out the wazoo in there eh @ZekeH5 @Albatrossity

4 Likes

Need to make sure you follow it up with Dairy Dream across the street!

Yes!! A huge Mea Culpa to Dairy Dream, i regret the omission. Fantastic buckeye shake in its own right

1 Like

Are there dates for these? Meaning sweetens and regional finals.

Deer Ridge was in great shape for late May- Greens were a little slower then they usually are, but were rolling smooth.

Teed off at 7:50, my brother and I were done in 3 hours. Great round with him on my 44th bday.

2 Likes

July 22nd at Stone Oak is the Midwest Championship - $95/player

October 5th-ish is the Roost Championship at Sweetens

1 Like

It’s especially appealing to anyone that might want to take their Harley on a cruise to Sycamore Springs… don’t think I’m going too far out a limb to say we were the first golfers to stop in and “Slay the Dragon” in awhile

2 Likes

Bummer. I have availability for sweetens but will be in Denver for my cousins wedding on July 22nd.

1 Like

Happy birthday! It was a beautiful weather day in Ohio.

3 Likes

Thank you- I appreciate it. Perfect weather for golf

1 Like

Sorry, just now seeing this…Absolutely yes!

Always welcome just let us know!!!

2 Likes

@BrianJLaurent clarifier on Columbus, did Cincy and Findlay qualify to get into Columbus or are those 3 equal and total “points” get you into the regional?

1 Like

Anyone can play in Columbus.

3 Likes