Roll Call: North Carolina

Have an annual golf trip coming up next week at Pinehurst. There are a few of us that are flying in a day early and adding Tobacco Road to the itinerary. We have a tee time at Tobacco Rd at 8:50am on Thursday 3/23 and we have one open spot. Before calling the pro shop and amending our time to a 3some, I wanted to see if anyone wanted to join us. Let me know!

1 Like

Last time (for now) that I will inquire about local stuff in this thread. Triangle (mainly Raleigh) and Triad area, give me the best local spots for food, drinks and most important to my wife and I, best coffee shop. Bonus points if coffee shop roasts its own beans.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I will be out of town with the fam. Going to be a great time no doubt.

I will shout out some restaurant spots in Greensboro I like, also DM incoming shortly with the local school/neighborhood rundown courtesy of my wife

Lindley Park Filling Station - good sandwiches/wraps, great pasta salad
Sticks and Stones
Emma Keys
(all three above are within a block of each other)

Pavilion - great Greek and Italian. Chocolate mousse pie dessert is :fire:
Hops Burger Bar
Crafted Art of the Taco
Wicked Burgers, Tacos, Brews (and axe throwing)
Bandito Bodega
At Elm St Grill
Pastabilities
Cafe Pasta
Mizumi Sushi (just get there early-ish for the dinner rush, small restaurant and it fills up)

Cheesecakes by Alex, dessert shoutout. I donā€™t know if they roast their own beans but Iā€™ve heard their coffee is solid (I donā€™t drink coffee, so just basing that on second hand knowledge). This is right down the street from Natty Greeneā€™s downtown which is also decent

Iā€™m sure I missed some but this is a good start IMO

5 Likes

Raleigh: Jubala, Brew, Iris, Morning Times

4 Likes

The coffee at Cheesecakes by Alex is solid, but if you go, you have to get an eclair. I am headed to Gboro at the end of next week, and my wife has already reminded me twice to bring some back.

3 Likes

Pooleā€™s, Beasleyā€™s, Gravy, Relish, Char-grill, Vicā€™s, Waraji, Brewery Bhavana, Lonerider Brewing

4 Likes

:heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Hey yā€™all, gonna be in Raleigh for a wedding March 3/24. Was going to drive down and meet a buddy in Southern Pines to play 3/24. Striking out on pine needles/mid pines/ southern pines/ tobacco road. Any suggestions on where else I should look?

Longleaf, Talamore, Quail Ridge, or Hyland.

1 Like

#3 is a very fun round. Donā€™t let the length fool you.

Talamore is good but expensive for what it is.

Hyland used to be the best deal in town. Still a great course but not as good of a deal with a rate increase. They are also doing irrigation construction work.

Long Leaf is very good, especially the back 9. Front has some iffy holes.

Mid South and Legacy can be fun but not really pine hills type courses

3 Likes

Anybody want to be first off at Duke on 3/27? Iā€™ll be in town and Iā€™m trying to get an extra round before my flight but they wonā€™t let a single book alone.

@Chester.Copperpot has a membership at Duke. He might be able to help.

1 Like

Thanks! @Chester.Copperpot Iā€™m trying to get on early and play fast. Wanna join?

Quail Ridge has to be the best value in the sandhills now.

2 Likes

Thanks all. Quail ridge had availability! Might see if I can switch to pinehurst #3 day off but good either way!

1 Like

Tate Street Coffee House in Greensboro.

I think I can make that happen. Iā€™ll book us a twosome at 7:30. I can get you on for $50 walking.

1 Like

Thanks man! See you then!

Play #3 :raised_hands:t2:

23 Likes