Roll Call: North Carolina

I’d be in for Saturday for sure

Durham here. I play mostly at Occoneechee in Hillsborough. Also play a lot at Umstead Pines.

I’ll be coming through Nc on way to Myrtle in june

Anyone up for hosting a father and son on a Thursday?

Umstead is a really great course. Really enjoy it.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s a great little track with a crew that keeps the greens in great shape.

I’m in Raleigh & have probably played 80% of the courses in the area since moving from GA a couple years ago, tons of great tracks w/in an hour radius. Just joined Dormie Club if anyone ever wants to tee it up, the guest rate is usually about half the rack rate.

8 Likes

I’d love to take you up on that at some point. Happy to reciprocate at TPC Piper Glen in Charlotte!

I’m down for a round at Dormie sometime.

Love Dormie

Just played Dormie this past weekend. It was drenched, but my buddy and I were the only one’s there and damn is it a cool place. You have got such a good setup being close to it and a member…enjoy it!

Hey folks, my dad and I will be heading down to the ACC Tournament in Charlotte from Chesapeake, VA next week and are looking for a nice spot to stop and play 18 along the way. We’ll basically take 58 west then 85 south all the way to Charlotte. Pinehurst/Tobacco Road area is a bit too far off our route. Suggestions welcome, price isn’t a factor.

Umstead Pines in Durham, played a few weeks back and it was in good shape and not CPO.

Occoneechee in Hillsborough, Mill Creek in Mebane, The Challenge in Graham are all good options before Greensboro.

Once you get to Greensboro your best options are Grandover (2 nice 18s) or Forest Oaks (former site of the GGO).

1 Like

are you a member of a club? if you can have your pro reach out, there are 3 Donald Ross Courses in Charlotte. The two that stand out are Charlotte Country Club and Carolina Golf Club, and i think the best is CGC. I’ve never played either, but have seen both properties.

1 Like

Carolina is great but Charlotte is definitely a step above.

@ELHOSEL My suggestions would be to check out some of the University Courses around the Triangle [Duke, NC State (Lonnie Poole), UNC (Finley)] or check out Forest Oaks or Grandover in Greensboro. Forest Oaks is only ~$40 and is a fantastic layout.

Not sure what type of shape any of the courses are going to be in since we’ve had so much damn rain, but those would be your best bets for a stop on the way down.

2 Likes

All look like great options. Appreciate it.

I’m not but we have a local hookup who could swing that for us.

Well it’s official. GF matched to UNC and we will be moving to Chapel Hill area in late June. Moving from Phoenix so pretty happy to not be giving up affordability, golf, or weather and back on the east coast closer to friends.

Can’t wait to play the courses in area.

2 Likes

You will find some good options nearby. There are a lot of public options in the area along with some nice private clubs depending on your budget. On the Public side since your probably going to be in Chapel Hill you have Finley, the Preserve, Chapel Ridge fairly close by. They can be a bit pricey but you can get deals
Occoneechee in Hillsborough, Umstead Pines and Hillandale in Durham are good tracks. The Challenge, Mill Creek, and Quaker Creek (The COUNTRY club) are not too far either.

1 Like

Welcome to the Triad. There are so many good places to play around here. Here are a few of my favorites (in no specific order):
The Cardinal by Pete Dye - Greensboro
Oak Hollow - High Point
Bryan Park - Greensboro
Oak Valley - Advance
Tanglewood - Clemmons
Tot Hill Farm - Asheboro
Salem Glen - Clemmons
Forest Oaks - Greensboro

3 Likes

Hey! I just moved to Charlotte a few months ago and live over by Piper Glen. Always down to play. Let me know if you ever need a 4th or want to get out to the course. Cheers!

1 Like