Roll Call: Nashville (Spring Match Play Post 1319)

Murfreesboro here

Nashville here as well. Live near nippers corner/Crieve Hall and play at NGAC as well as the public circuit. Always down to play with some new folks

Sounds good to me, I just recently moved to Nashville in August and honestly didnt get out enough last season to experience many of the courses around me. Definitely looking to change that this year. Weekdays I am usually traveling for work, but home office weeks I can get out. Would like to keep this thread active to look back on when the weather turns a little better.

1 Like

Nashville Peeps!!!

I’m booking a trip to play Sweetens Cove again and they are closed on Mondays in season…so is Sewanee??

So I need a Monday course in Nashville?? Anyone?

I’m partial to a local muni called Two Rivers. Open on Mondays and its $26 to walk 18. The greens are in pretty good condition but I’m no C-suite gui though…

2 Likes

Presidents Reserve at Hermitage is the nicest pay to play in the area imo. About $70 and includes cart and unlimited range balls. Would you be staying in Nashville and just drive down to Sweetens and Sewanee during the day?

I haven’t decided. Was going to try and swing Honors and/or Troubedour rounds but I can’t make them work into my days. Monday/Tuesday is less than ideal for just about everything since they’re all closed on Mondays. Thought I could sneak sunday in but then realized I had a conflict.

This quick in and out will likely be somewhere in nashville Monday then head south for Sweetens Tuesday.

When I lived in Nashville I loved playing at Ted Rhodes (local muni), they had just put in new greens when I moved and they’re open Mondays. Also, second, looking at Hermitage or Gaylord Springs… Other than those two or the munis there unfortunately isn’t many public options unless you want to drive

3 Likes

Ted Rhodes is closed on Monday and Two Rivers is closed on Tuesdays now

1 Like

Looking for some input on decent courses in Nashville to Clarkesville area. I’ve got a foursome heading down From Iowa and looking to pick up 18 holes before we hit sweetens Cove. We will be in town March 27th. Appreciate any input!

Here’s a list for ppl looking to come though middle TN. These are just public courses that I’ve played so anyone feel free to add suggestions…

Nashville Munis:
Harpeth Hills - fun course but no fun to walk
Ted Rhodes - close to downtown and very walkable front 9. Probably my favorite muni in town when it’s dry
McCabe - nice and easy but consistently the most crowded due to location
Shelby - least favorite Nashville Muni

Pay to play $60+:
Gaylord Springs - good facility and course. I usually play terribly there so I prefer hermitage
Hermitage (2 courses) - president’s is the best public you can get on in Nashville imo. Price tag includes unlimited range balls as well.

Between Nashville and Sweetens:
Old Fort in Murfreesboro
Bear Trace in Winchester - great state park course

West of Nashville:
Montgomery Bell - great state park course

5 Likes

Germantown here! I’m a member up at TN Grasslands in Gallatin, always down for a good public track as well

Interested in this as well

We will keep it simple to start once the time changes. I’ll make a tee time on a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon at Ted Rhodes and anyone who can make it is welcome. Go from there based on demand and availability.

3 Likes

I adopted Hermitage as my home course while working there in 2010. Such a great facility. Would spend 2 hours at the range/short game area and depending on how crowded it was, would play for the twilight rate at the more open of the courses.

President’s course is a nice, big resort type course. Wouldvplay from the tips when I was feeling strong. Generals Retreat is much more of a shotmakers design, IMO. Can’t go wrong with either

Nashville folks, check it out:

2 Likes

@fasteddie

New to the refuge but I have lived in Nashville all my life and listened to NLU for the past year or so. Just joined a league at Two Rivers (not convenient to Green Hills but, alas) and will report back if anyone is interested in how that muni league works. Tournaments are every few weeks on sat or sunday, there are gross and net winners in 4 flights and fees are incredibly reasonable. I’m not trying to sell it so much as I was looking for a way to get very low stakes competition experience and this, at first blush, appears to fit the bill. Interested if anyone else plays in a league or tournaments around Nashville and has good or bad experiences.

3 Likes

Welcome! I’ll have to check out their tournaments. I enjoy that course and you absolutely cannot beat the price.

Hope all you Nashville area guis are safe!

9 Likes