Roll Call: Nashville (Spring Match Play Post 1319)

Price (within reason) isn’t really a problem, open to anything including private courses.

Slightly out of the way but in the general direction is Henry Horton Golf Course. When I played there in the fall their greens were in absolutely beautiful shape and it is a very nice walk (or drive) through the woods. Not overly tight but definitely will ask some questions on certain tee shots. If I was heading towards Sweetens and couldn’t get on Sewanee this would be my choice.

Why did no one recommend Holston Hills to me? Buncha heathens.

It’s all the way in Knoxville :joy: that’s a long ways, but planning to host our Roost’s regional there in July

1 Like

Eh, just a short drive away!

Just moved to Nashville from Philly. Would love to meet up with the group and play any of these weekends

3 Likes

#TheReatreat at Henry Horton in June :eyes:

1 Like

Follow us on Instagram @tgehighcottonclub for all the latest on upcoming events, merch, etc. new podcast dropping weekly recapping the latest in the Roost!

1 Like

@thehighcottonclub**

Yo!

Long time lurker, first time rooster here. Would love to join for some of the events. Just added my email to the google doc file. What are next steps to get involved?

2 Likes

For starters, wanna play Sweetens on Tuesday?

And to everyone else: last spam on this… if you want to join us with an all day pass for Sweetens on 4/5, please let me know. I’m going to release it back into the wild tomorrow if no one takes it.

1 Like

Welcome! If you’re looking to be a member @leftysauce can get you the details, including where to send your Roost membership dues.

If you want to send me a private message I can send you a link to the Discord!

1 Like

Welcome in! I just sent you an email with some info :handshake:

2 Likes

Hey guys, just joined the Refuge and still new to Nashville. I’d love to learn more, meet some of y’all and play some golf soon!

3 Likes

Welcome in! I sent you a message about getting you some more info on the Roost, but we also have an event coming up on 4/16 at Kenny Perry’s. Going to be a great day with 27 holes of team competition leading to an individual shootout to a floating green. Sign up using the link below!

1 Like

Folks, today is the final day to sign up/pay for our match play, The High Cotton Classic. Please check out our Instagram, @thehighcottonclassic for more info, or shoot me a message and we’ll get you dialed in!

If you have already signed up and have not paid, please check your emails. If you have not signed up, we have a few spots left, sign up by sending an email to highcottoncattle@gmail.com with your GHIN/WHS#

Sign up for the event that started the Roost itself and meet some great folks through match play, a great format we don’t get to play often enough. Matches are handicapped using 75% of official handicaps, so everyone has a chance on any given day! Don’t miss your chance to #getinvolved with this Third Edition of the High Cotton Classic

2 Likes

Jumped in to the roost…thank you all for setting it up. Hopefully, I can make an event or 2!!

Welcome in! If you include your email in the signup, I’ll send over our roost overview and discord link :handshake:

1 Like

Wanted to stop over to say hi and introduce myself as I’ll be moving to area ( SE Side of Franklin) in June from Chicago. I’ve been fairly active with the group up here playing a few events a year plus the Thursday sunrise Breakfast Ball league. Looking forward to getting in some rounds with everyone - especially if there are any other early riser golfers who enjoy quick weekday morning 9s.

2 Likes

Awesome! I’m starting a Networkin’ 9 in the later spring & summer that I’ve been spitballing for awhile. Can’t wait to have you out and pick your brain!

Also, the local Roost, The High Cotton Club is a great crew with several events left to be played this year. Hope to see you at some of those as well!

1 Like