Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Sounds like a pretty damn awesome week!

1 Like

Damn it Chris! Always the weekends I am out of town. Devastated to not enjoy this weekends weather golfing & replacing it with dock removal. Can’t wait!

1 Like

For those of us who didn’t qualify for the NIT EDIT AND CANT make the trip to Illinois, how would this group feel about freezing our asses off in our own “Open” event that same weekend, assuming there isn’t snow on the ground?

Could do whatever format. Doesn’t need to be for a trophy or anything, could just be a meet up.

I’ve got under armor, and long underwear, and my all weather gloves if I need them.

My biggest concern would be convincing Mrs. Status, not the weather.

What says the group?

10 Likes

I’d probably be healed up by then and my home course will probably be closed…

I’m interested.

3 Likes

My gui!

I would be in for that. What is the NIT date… New guy here.

2 Likes

Welcome @DoubleT192

Happy to have you here gui!

November 6th-8th (so likely 7th or 8th for this event.)

Expect an official welcome from @Taylorda

1 Like

Not that it’s convenient at all, but the chicago guis aka @TCRBrad have a whole course to play that day.

1 Like

I might be missing something here… would love to have you here or is this an invitation somewhere else?

Help a gui out

3 Likes

Thank you @freesypop @midwestgolfbum and @TCRBrad

I’m a donkey.

Don’t think I could pull off a trip to the beautiful state of Illinois for a whole weekend… though that would be wonderful.

4 Likes

We will have beer.

6 Likes

Welcome my man, per @Battisstatus i am supposed to welcome you properly.

Pleaset tell us a bit about your self, (Mothers maiden name, Your first pet name, and your address).

Just kidding, don’t do any of that. Where do/did you play most of your golf this last season, what side of the cities do you live on. Lastly what is your favorite restaurant around the metro ( I would advise you not to say applebees)

3 Likes

You forgot to ask how much he spends on a bottle of wine when dining out

3 Likes

I thought this was supposed to be a welcoming community? Who doesn’t love some good half off apps to clean out the system?

I live Southwest of Minneapolis. The past year I tried to make an effort to explore different courses since there are so many if you are willing to take a little drive, so there weren’t a ton of repeats. That being said, I ended up playing Keller, Valley Wood and Fox Hollow a couple of times each looking for some redemption, it is still out there somewhere.

My favorite restaurant is the Nicollet Island Inn. I have never had anything that wasn’t good-to-great there, and if you catch it during lobster week you will not be disappointed.

Excited to play some golf at some point during these meet up’s, and dip my feet into some of these wine tasting threads.

3 Likes

Me, i don’t like half price apps at applebees…since you asked.

Welcome, seems like your course selection and location will play well here. We have plenty of refugees surrounding downtown and on the east side of town.

1 Like

I just made a tee time for 1 at 8:30AM tomorrow at Phalen Park. The other three spots are open as I type this if anyone wants to sign up on their own and meet me there. I threw it out there to a non-refugee buddy as well, but at this point it’s not clear that he’ll join so possibly all three spots are up for grabs. This late season weather is too nice to not take advantage of, I had to take the day off and capitalize.

Guys…Oak Ridge is a true gem in the metro. Their renovation has worked wonders and the bunker game is STRONG. Loved doing a loop out there this afternoon.

10/10 would play again.

5 Likes

Might be too early, but where is it in your ranking? From your photos is the other thread it looks a lot better than I remember it when I played 4-5 years ago.

Members raved about how much better it is. Couple of guys have been there 40 years and said it’s the best they’ve ever seen. Need to let it settle in but my early thought is around Somerset/North Oaks.

1 Like