Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Dacotah Ridge is awesome! Haven’t played anything north of Minnesota Nat’l in McGregor, MN. Which is ridiculous since my hometown is literally 10 minutes away from MN Nat. Gotta get north and play Superior and the Giants Ridge courses!

The Wilderness, too. Might be my favorite of the bunch up there!

1 Like

Noice. The views at Superior Natl look unmatched. Preciate the intel

1 Like

I haven’t played Superior National, but both Giants Ridge courses are legit. ESPECIALLY the Quarry. One of my favorite courses I have played.

1 Like

Personal opinion? Superior Nat’l beats the Quarry.

I love the Wilderness and the Legend, but the Quarry is on another level from an architecture standpoint. It’s the only walkable course of the bunch too.

1 Like

Quarry has 16 all timer holes and 2 major duds at the end. The holes aren’t the worst holes ever conceived, but after the 16 previous, it just feels like they ran out of land and needed to squeeze two more in.

Huge.

Am getting up to Grand Marais in a few weeks to celebrate 8 years w/ Mrs bobs219 and will be sneaking away to hack it around Superior National. Looking forward to it even more now after your comments.

6 Likes

Before you go, you should put your rankings in for the metro courses

2 Likes

I agree in that they don’t quite fit with the prior 16 holes, I understand why they did it though. The owners wanted to finish with a nice view of the quarry. For us it doesn’t seem to fit, but for your average Joe I wouldn’t be surprised if 18 was one of their favorite holes, just from the nice view you get as you finish up.

If 17 and 18 were more like the previous holes it would likely be my favorite course in the state.

1 Like

@bobs219 coming in hot with a few tracks that are new to the list.

Yeah. I’ve heard that from buddies who have golfed. I just haven’t made it up there yet.

Thats ok, you should list out your T10 courses you have played around the metro on the spreadsheet. I think we would be interested in that.

I think most of us agree on the creme de la creme. However, outside of that I think there are some fun/different tracks that provide a good mix of variety, fun, conditioning and value.

Put differently…haven’t played a lot of the courses that others have on this list…namely anything to the west or north :anguished:

4 Likes

You must be in the south metro if inverwood made your list

1 Like

I am in this boat too @bobs219 but for the sake of getting involved, you/I will be talking about courses maybe other people don’t play much and, maybe others will see how inexperienced we are and will take us to some cool spots out of pity :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Nailed it.

2 Likes

I enjoyed my round at inverwood last year. Haven’t been there this year though.

@Battisstatus I was surprised when i hadn’t seen your name or @bignanski on this yet.

1 Like

I just added it and it made me kind of sad TBH

I don’t play as much as I would like here in MN but I’m thankful for when I get to.

Edit: I got to play at Superior National 5 years ago for @bignanski ‘s bachelor party but at the time: A.) I was not a golfer at the time. And was playing clubs that were for a 13-14 year old (when I got them…) and B.) it was pre renovation/restoration/whatever they call it.

I would like to go back now that I actually am a full on golf sicko.

2 Likes

Not sure about that, seems like you got the west side covered.

1 Like