Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

What does everyone think of Emerald Green? Apparently someone in our group wants to go there because it is 36 holes.

Meh. Plus its down in Hastings…

Where are you looking to stay. We can find two courses close together based on where you are staying that will be better.

“West Side”

1 Like

Yea i don’t think you want to head down to Hasting from the West Side.

You should look at Baker National, Edinburgh, Bunker Hills, Braemar.

If you don’t mind the drive Keller, Stoneridge, Loggers and Troy Burne are all close to each other once you get past St. Paul.

2 Likes

No.

2 Likes

Depending on where you are on the west side I have a soft spot in my heart for Deer Run. I love that place.

Braemar and Edinburgh are great tracks too.

3 Likes

Deer Run is great. It may be that I always play well, but I seem to always have a great experience when I head that direction. Tom Abts runs a great operation, and may be the author of the only newsletter that I don’t immediately unsubscribe from. Non-NLU category at least. Shoutout Icarito.

2 Likes

I play it a couple times every summer - since it’s close. One side, the silver, is 5.5/10, decent greens, elevation changes, marginally fun island green par 3. Gold side is a dog track.

Agree with everyone here, Emerald Greens isn’t worth the drive. If you want to stay on the west side and play a public course, I would go with Braemar or Rush Creek if you don’t mind dropping a few bucks.

How many people are you coming with?

Being a west side gui it is the first course I look at for times/availability when I am in town.

We will have to get a round in this season!

1 Like

I have a group of buddies that do a Ryder Cup style event at Giants every Memorial Day weekend. Some years it’s great, some not so much. I think in 2018 they lost almost every green from the winter, tough scene.

8 total guis. All this input has been great.

Braemar has a great 18 hole course, huge practice area/driving range, Par 3 course, and bocce ball court. Could really fill out a day there.

2 Likes

And it’s recently been completely overhauled, the championship course anyway. Like the whole damn thing.

1 Like

Would be interested in said sheet. And been looking at clubs to join on west side of town.

Bugs can get wild out there. Not much too it but agree Tom Abts is great. Play there probably twice a year.

1 Like

When it’s warm enough to play golf but there is still at least a foot or two of snow on the ground

6 Likes

Brutal. It feels like spring which is painful knowing we are still a few months away

1 Like

False, month and a half tops.

2 Likes

Oh man do I hope you are right.