Roll Call - MN contingent? (Part 1)

Any MN Refugees lingering around today?

2 Likes

EB606E96-2C74-4455-BE16-CD0E86AF8F9E_4_5005_c

The committee has a brief announcement to make and there will be no questions after. After great research and deliberations we are happy to announce the initial details of the North Star Showdown (seriously guys, we need a better name). Further information will be released later, but I have yet to eat lunch and it’s damn near dinner time.

When: Saturday, June 13th, 2020
Where: Keller Golf Course (Site of the 1932 and 1954 PGA Championships)
Time: 11:30 AM
Cost: $47 walking, $63 riding

That’s the baseline cost for the golf, but we will like look to include other miscellaneous items so don’t assume this is the final cost to attend.

Alert your spouses and get it on the calendar. Further details to come!

16 Likes

Any word on possible NIT spots?

I’m totally kidding, I couldn’t care less about NIT spots at this event or any other, I just wanted to be the one to potentially start the shitstorm and then diffuse it.

5 Likes

Ha…none of that!

First off,
I would like to thank you @BaxterMSP and the captain @Taylorda for the consideration for a spot on your team. It is with a heavy heart that I must decline my spot to someone who will be available as this is the weekend of The Red Vs Blue Cup.

Seriously, thank you all for your hard work on this so far, and I am disappointed I won’t be able to be there. Good luck guis and I look forward to having the opportunity to meet and play with you all a different time.

@bignanski

What’s the Red vs. Blue Cup? Is that Refuge related or your own club?

Definitely need a new name. Don’t want anyone confusing this with the travesty that was the North Star College Cup.

6A6670C6-D381-4E80-BF4A-77B602359992

2 Likes

Or the North Star tour.

1 Like

It’s not refuge related. Separate annual event I play in up north with buddies.

2 Likes

Damn. Sorry that we’ll miss you, but plenty of summer to get some guys together a different weekend!

1 Like

FUCK! There are two weekends in June that might not work for me. God dammit.

Got some work to do, boys. Got some work to do. Ain’t dead yet.

2 Likes

That’s my wife’s birthday. Can’t wait to meet you guis.

6 Likes

Bummer. That weekend is a no go for myself, as well. Literally any other June weekend.:man_shrugging:t2:

What about if we take a poll for weekends and whichever one works for the most people is the one we run with?:thinking:

The 20th is our ten year anniversary… can’t wait to meet you guis.

4 Likes

@Battisstatus yeah, ouch. @Taylorda this is the “team blue” stuff that you weren’t sure you could handle too much of on your squad - unfortunately this means I must also acquit myself for the first annual Icebreaker (North Star Showdown sux). Thank you EVERYONE for heeding this rallying cry of MN golf nuts, special thanks to @taylorda and @BaxterMSP for all the hard work putting it together. Hope I still get to play with at least some of you this season.

1 Like

K…I’m not saying anything will change, but what’s August 15th at 11:30 AM look like for all involved?

4 Likes