Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

European models?!?!

2 Likes

Think the ā€œmarshā€ holes will take a few more days to dry out? Fariways and greens may be fine, but everything else could be swampy / uncartable

The amount of artificial drainage they have might make the marsh holes the driest on the course.

Before last yearā€™s State Am, they were adding drainage to a hill on the approach for the 18th hole. I joked to the soop that I didnā€™t know hills needed help draining and the joke did not land.

6 Likes

Its a damn shame that Parkview in Eagan closed all of those years ago. It would be open right now

3 Likes

Has anyone checked in on Shamrock lately? We could be playing this week.

CreeksBend is another one to watch. I played in March last year when the ground was still frozen.

1 Like

Hopeā€™s a dangerous thing, but I think Iā€™m starting to feel it a bit.

7 Likes

Snow is starting to get kind of sparse down here in Rochester. I donā€™t think golf in March is out of the question yetā€¦

6 Likes

Iā€™m equally happy for you and blind with jealousy-fueled rage.

5 Likes

Oak Summit boasts to have the most play days of any local course so i would imagine they will open up as soon as possible (and potentially before that) . Would be happy to set up an early season meetup if folks are interested!

2 Likes

Straight from the horseā€™s mouth:

7 Likes

Letā€™s hope that Twin Cities Golf doesnā€™t start putting the course openings page behind a paywall.

2 Likes

Donā€™t give Unterreiner any ideas. Honestly though, shocked that isnā€™t the case at this point.

3 Likes

Still free!

Itā€™s just part of your PCC perks like the Upside appā€¦

2 Likes

Not to pull the conversation in another direction, butā€¦do people see value in PCC membership? Iā€™m a PCC member, but I donā€™t really feel like itā€™s worth it. Iā€™m mainly holding on because my price is locked in and it might one day become big enough that Iā€™d be getting a great deal. Thatā€™s a big ā€œifā€ though and I feel like Iā€™m wasting money in the interim.

lol

6 Likes

if you have all the time in the world to golf/ have an atypical work schedule, are agnostic to courses that are ā€œcloseā€ to the metro, actually like afternoon rounds? (yuck, ima dewsweeper) thenā€¦maybe?

Havenā€™t looked at a forecast going on 3 weeks. I am emotionally untethered from the highs and lows of scouring the weather apps to anticipate the start of the golf season. I am free.

9 Likes