Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

#10 is a long way from 9 green…

1 Like

While might be more appropriate for the COVID thread, couldn’t help by share a post by Minnesota’s favorite chiropractor and Chief of Public Golf.

My mistake for opening Facebook and clicking on notifications.

7 Likes

can you imagine…immunity forever, regardless of how many it kills.

Kevin… Is a special guy when it comes to his views on health. The “analysis by” on this page is done by:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/07/24/technology/joseph-mercola-coronavirus

WebJul 24, 2021 · Dr. Mercola, 67, an osteopathic physician in Cape Coral, Fla., has long been a subject of criticism and government regulatory actions for his promotion of unproven or …

2 Likes

14 Likes

Allow me to interject with the perfect sidebar:

5 Likes

“Tepetonka Club boasts an initiation fee of $100,000 and a $25,000 annual membership cost. This is in contrast to clubs that vary rates for in area and national memberships, have food and beverage minimums and may have pass through costs. Initially, Tepetonka Club planned to divide membership 65-35 national v in-state but has changed those estimates to 80-20. To accommodate a mostly traveling membership, the club plans to build accommodations consisting of 40 “apartments”.”

We HAVE to be getting close to the golf top. All due respect to the Willmar area but there’s not much else to do out there. I guess some lakes lake recreation but not nearly to the same level as the Brainerd/Nisswa area. It’s not that easy to get to for the traveling members unless you have a PJ but is that type of golfer going to Willmar?

8 Likes

I could see the appeal of the Willmar lakes area vs Brainerd. My in-laws live in Willmar so I’ve spent a lot of time there. The lakes are nice enough, it’s much quieter than Brainerd and there’s opportunity to do some pheasant hunting too. Certainly enough to do if you also throw in a great golf course.

I do think for that steep of an initiation fee, they need a short course or something to go with the 18 hole course.

Travel-wise, maybe national members fly into St Cloud and it’s about an hour drive from there. With all that said I know next to nothing about private golf. I’m just patiently waiting for some high quality course renderings to ogle.

I spoke with the guy who is leading this project since he’s a member at windsong and I have been interested in getting this kind of project going in a different area, a much better area than Willmar imho, but the property they have here is pretty amazing.

The price tag is way too high, they’re absolutely trying to target the Private Jet crowd like you mentioned, but with the nearest airport being St. Cloud, doesn’t seem to make a lot of sense. Plenty of better areas in MN, Duluth / surrounding areas would make the most sense to me. Would love if MN got some new courses that catered more to the public since we have to watch Wisconsin get spoiled with incredible courses regularly.

2 Likes

Hey MN Roosters, DC guy here and I am coming to MN in May for a weekend. Would love some recommendations on public tracks in the Twin Cities. Thanks!

2 Likes

Keller. As many times as you can.

6 Likes

Do you know what city/side of the metro you will be on while you are here?

Staying in Central Minneapolis.

1 Like

Keller is a must.

Braemar is also good.

As you get closer, come back and post in the thread and I guarantee people from this group can meet up and play.

4 Likes

I love Stone Ridge, probably 15 - 20 minutes east of Minneapolis. It’s fun and different than most every course in the area.

2 Likes

I need recommendations - looking to do a long weekend with my dad. Golf is not the entire focus of the weekend but a round or two will likely be played. General Geographic area is northern or really anywhere non-metro MN, western/NW Wisconsin, Iowa (north of Des Moines). Looking for something kind of lowkey, doesn’t have to be the nicest or fanciest track/resort (doesn’t even have to be a resort), and would hopefully feature easy access to a town for bars/food etc.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

When is this little trip happening?

Maybe somewhere on the SE side like Lake City or Winona? Grand Rapids comes to mind with a couple fun ones up there in Pokegama and Eagle Ridge. Bemidji could be a fun hang… @Battisstatus now is the time to advocate for your town in western WI (Cumberland I think?)

Edit: Detroit Lakes is great too, lots of things to do and the golf is pretty stellar honestly with DCC and Wildflower

1 Like

@TBuhr33 is very familiar with Cumberland Golf Club :sunglasses:

He knows what’s up.

3 Likes

That’s right, I knew someone else was but couldn’t remember if it was Mr. Buhr himself

2 Likes