Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Hey everyone,
We need one more player for the Descent Into Chaos tomorrow. Lotta new peeps around these parts this winter wanting to get involved, nows your chance to join us and play in the same team as the legendary @Daniel

C’MON! It’s gonna be fun!

1 Like

I can potentially play, I’m going to be in Blaine anyways since my kid is playing soccer at 1030am at NSC. What exactly is descent into chaos and what the hell would i be getting myself into?

We just got @Kizzlle to take the last spot. Thank you for offering @OddlyCalm

2 Likes

But sign up for the Match Play bracket, @OddlyCalm and @Kizzlle!

3 Likes

so where can i see all the events? i keep seeing thread links but it’s unwieldy with so many responses. using mobile. is it better on an actual computer?

I think so, but I’ve always preferred a mouse and keyboard. You’ve got crazy people like @Battisstatus who are mobile only.

Here is the events calendar (some dates are estimates)

And here is a link to the Match Play thread. Let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

appreciate it. any chance to add events? i work at a course and would love to chat with someone tomorrow.
(also, and skip this ignorant question if it’s been asked/answered, but is there a static post that has the events with links to prices, websites, etc.?)

I will let captain @bignanski Nanski speak officially, but unofficially the events thread where you tapped in is where we will post about the smaller meet ups/get togethers/events. These things can be fluid due to weather or other things that happen.

Let’s plan to chat more tomorrow at Victory @kcurry11 and I will be there to help answer more questions.

The one event that has its own thread with all the details you will need pinned to the top is the North Star Shootout

Cheers

2 Likes

The only event that has a cost at signup is the Shootout, which is our major. Everything else is just pay the green fee at the course. As far as adding/changing events, the only things on this schedule that are actually planned or scheduled right now are the Descent Into Chaos (tomorrow), Enter Landmand on 5/24 (full) and the North Star Shootout (7/15). Everything else is theoretically malleable.

2 Likes

@GarrettFM take note - The Hot Dish at Midland Hills CC :+1:

6 Likes

Have a 6:30 am time at Les Bolstad Sunday, 5/21 with my gui/nemesis @Mystic. Two open spots left - first bite at the apple goes to @BaxterMSP since he was so devastated he couldn’t make the Transfusion Tussle last year.

3 Likes

I’ll take one!

4 Likes

Very cool that members get to book tee times that far in advanced

3 Likes

I disrespectfully decline

7 Likes

I come to the MN roll call thread with a very first world conundrum.

I got into both the Northland and White Bear Yacht Club Golfers Journal events but I can’t really justify traveling to both (especially since I’m also traveling your direction for the vastly superior North Star Shootout)

So looking to poll the brain trust to help me decide which one to choose.

• Northland
  • WBYC

0 voters

2 Likes

Have you played either course?

If you’re looking for the IG money shot of Lake Superior, it’s Northland. If you’re looking for the better all around golf course, it’s WBYC.

5 Likes

Having played one already would make the decision easier!

I also vote WBYC over NCC after having played both a handful of times now.

4 Likes

WBYC undoubtedly

4 Likes