Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

Hoping I could get a little help from the crew here. Need some data for an assignment in this grad course I’m taking at the UMN (s/o @BaxterMSP). I just need a few people to give a likert scale ranking of the courses in the spreadsheet. You don’t need to have played them, it can be based on perception of the course alone.

I would graciously appreciate any help. RTB Ski U Mah Go Gophers

(It’s only public courses, so I don’t need to worry about sending a stray at Bax)

5 Likes

I’m happy to rank the publics too.

First - Stoneridge
….

Last - Les Bolstad

6 Likes

Where does Oneka fall?

That’s outside the sphere of acceptable courses

5 Likes

Hells yes, this will be very helpful sorting out where to check out as I begin the long process of convincing my better half that joining Midland Hills with its rapid pace of play is a win for our family.

2 Likes

You’re so close @BaxterMSP

Just a little bumpity bump:

NSU Merch Drop #3: Frosty Brews

Since our lovely homeland has quickly turned into a tropical oven, the need for keeping beverages chilled has become a top priority, and we are here to help.

We have 15 Yeti 16oz. Tall Can Insulators, 10 Black and 5 Harvest Red for your purchasing pleasure, all laser engraved with our beautiful NSU logo.

Yes, you read that right, lazer engraved-none of that sticker stuff.

Due to the limited number available, all can insulators will be first come first serve. The attached Google Sheet has color coordinated slots associated with the exact number of each color, so please only input your info into those cells. Please input your handle in the appropriate color that you desire on the sheet.

The cost: $40 shipped to your door.

Venmo: @Adam-Westling last 4 7402

All units will be shipped once the sheet has been filled out and all insulators are sold!

docs.google.com

NSU Merch Drop #3: Frosty Brews

Sheet1 Refuge Handle,Paid?

Thank you all!

-The NSU Merch Prince

4 Likes

Do you live by Stoneridge?? It’s in my top 10 but I’d play these courses before Stoneridge any day.

Legends
Chaska town
Royal
Keller
Willingers
Island View
The Meadows

Sure don’t. The only one on your list that I think an argument can be made for is Keller and that’s based on cost/value.

Otherwise Stoneridge puts the rest in a body bag.

6 Likes

I think Stoneridge and Keller are 1a and 1b. Just was at Willingers this weekend and while the holes are pretty fun, conditioning left a bit to be desired.

1 Like

Non-Golf question -

Am I a psycho to think that the MN Zoo and MOA might not be that busy over July 4 weekend since most sane people will hit up lakes country?

I picture those two spots just full of Canadians and maybe not quite as busy as some other weekends or holidays.

Anyone with first-hand experience?

1 Like

I can’t speak for MN Zoo or MOA (thankfully) but Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Labor Day are the best weekends to get into normally jam packed foodie restaurants.

1 Like

No kids but I avoid MOA at all costs over weekends, i’d think it would be the same if not worse this weekend. MN Zoo perhaps the same. Only plus side there is in the burbs and outside.

The Royal over Stoneridge. Even worse: Willingers!!!

6 Likes

This was our thought too. Even in little ol’ Fargo the town becomes a ghost town on July 4 weekend so part of me was thinking that might be true in the land of 10,000 lakes.

3 Likes

Willingers does have one of the better deals around, $49 for 18, a cart and lunch on Tuesdays.

1 Like

Into my GD veins, buddy

1 Like

Coming in from Montana for a ridiculous amount of golf starting the 6th, but being the sicko that I am, I am thinking about trying to play on the morning of the 5th too. Anyone interested in playing at Keller (or your club :slight_smile:) that morning?

Uff-da. This is a tough take.

9 Likes

Had an opportunity to hop on a local golf Podcast last night. Some good friends of mine that talk about a lot of different golf topics. If someone is looking for another golf pod, give it a shot. Hope you enjoy!

4 Likes