Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

As a legit 15 I felt pretty good losing a 36 hole match by one to a 10! My hands were tied behind my back!

1 Like

5 Likes

Hello friends. I have a buddy coming into town this weekend and we are going to play some golf. I have some spots available and would be happy if I can fill them with refugees. See below and holler if interested.

Friday 4:09 Keller - one spot
Saturday 11:48 Baker - two spots
Saturday 5:10 Rush - two spots
Sunday 12:40 Chaska - two spots

4 Likes

This is a very tough callā€¦I think Iā€™m going to need venues before any lines are set (sorry if yaā€™ll have already announced, Iā€™ve been living under a rock the last week otherwise I would have for sure had words about Oneeks)

@Mystic is a very very bad man at Keller so Iā€™d advise you stay well clear of there if possible @phrodo

4 Likes

What a weekend!!!

1 Like

@phrodo play @Mystic at the Summit in Cannon Falls.

3 Likes

Noted. Iā€™m still scarred from our trip there a few weeks ago and the shanks that nearly took my life. Probably best to stay away.

2 Likes

Danke. Looking at routing now, calculating all variablesā€¦will have something soon

Just when I thought we were past this Paul

2 Likes

Hello everyone! Iā€™m new to the nest. Itā€™s cool to see the strong Minnesota contingent! I live in the west metro. Canā€™t wait to meet up with yaā€™ll for the NSS and some more rounds in the near future.

A little about myself. I have an enthusiasm for golf that most of my friends canā€™t match. I frequently get asked by my very supportive wife,
ā€œWouldnā€™t you rather spend time with me than golf?ā€ My response to which is ā€œThatā€™s what winters are for.ā€ (Iā€™m mostly kidding, but also 100% serious.) She plays the game too, but wears out after 9. I am trying to build up her stamina.

I look forward to the member-guest with my dad every year back in Wisconsin. Eventually we will win oneā€¦

Also, Iā€™m a tremendous slouch.

12 Likes

Welcome Thomas. @Battisstatus is my wartime consigliere and official unofficial greeter of the MN contingent. Iā€™m sure he has a few questions for you.

3 Likes

@Battisstatus

5 Likes

@Battisstatus I am happy to answer any questions. But, like Phil asked in his US Open presser, please no two part questions at this time.

1 Like

Welcome @ThomasTheune

As an FYI to you, the winters bring a very active board here.

Whatā€™s your favorite Minnesota Sports moment?

If you could only eat food from one local restaurant for the remainder of your life, what restaurant would that be?

Welcome again!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I donā€™t have many favorite Minnesota sports moments being from Wisconsin. That said, I do enjoy cheering for Minnesota United, the timberwolves, the twins, and the wild since they are not really rivals with any Wisconsin teams.

If I had to choose one restaurant off the top of my head, it would probably be Blue Door Pub. I used to live by the one on Selby Ave in college. Sadly that location is now closed.

6 Likes

Go Tommies. BDP is my ride or die, RIP

3 Likes

Rescheduled for Saturday, July 2nd 7:20 am at Stoneridge against @bobs219. One spot left as @freesypop will be there cheering on team bobs. Somehow if @Mystic and @phrodo can make it for a final four matchup we can add a 5th!

4 Likes

Aka the public golf desert.

(speaking as a west metro dweller)

4 Likes

Haha! Iā€™m glad Iā€™m not the only one that feels this way about the west metroā€™s public circuit.

1 Like

Bumping these weekend tee times before I call and cancel the remaining spots.