Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

checks calendar when is that happening, exactly?

Not sure yet to be honest but probably next weekend.

Make it so. The deadline was yesterday

@Mystic took me down 2up this morning at Keller. We won holes with birdies, we tied with pars, and we tied with doubles. Luckily neither of us were playing @Camilo as he golfed his damn ball and would have dispatched either of us swiftly. Would definitely recommend playing with either of them, bonus points if you can do it on a gorgeous Sunday morning in just over 3 hours. Pace of play was aspirational out there today.

10 Likes

Lmao deadlines schmeadlines

6 Likes

Just trying to make @bobs219ā€™s ascent as smooth and obstacle-free as possible, arenā€™t you

Much obliged

Know itā€™s last minute, but @DuckDuckGreyDuckHook and I will be battling it out at Keller @ 4:27 PM tonight and have two spots open if anybody else wants to get their match in!

2 Likes

Iā€™d happily join ya, if thereā€™s still a spot open. @bignanski Iā€™m more than happy to have our pillow fight today if it works last minute for your schedule. Otherwise Iā€™m sure we can figure something out soon.

2 Likes

I would love nothing more but unfortunately itā€™s not going to work for me today

2 Likes

Spotā€™s all yours, one left!

2 Likes

After much deliberation, the match will take place at Greystone this Saturday at 10:18. It seems likely that we will have at least one spot available if any of you want to drive 2 hours to witness me get Amesā€™d by @JScore.

2 Likes

I made a trip out to Clifton Highlands today. Weather was perfect and the greens were spicy!!! My game was not quite in good enough shape to deal with them. The course is in good shape and worth a visit of you are looking for a place to play.

4 Likes

Same guy that owns that bought Troy Burne. Hopefully gets those spicier this year. Putting green seams firmer and a little quicker this year.

2 Likes

My girlfriends parents live out near there, played Clifton Highlands a few times end of last year & was out there this past weekend riding along in the cart. I have constantly been pleasantly surprised with the course out there & their greens. Agree very much @OnlyLayingUp

I managed to take down @kurtzh17 tonight at Keller 3&1, while @phrodo watched us take turns self immolating. Henry was a delight and only lost because he gave me a frankly embarrassing 9 strokes and after halving the first hole, decided to politely spot me the next 7. Despite being down 7 after 8, rather than a full Amesing, he valiantly fought back to 2 down with 2 to play, before succumbing to yet another scummy bump. Also he had this lie in a bunker on 6 which was sick.

10 Likes

An absolute treat tonight, couldnā€™t have asked to play against a better gentleman than @DuckDuckGreyDuckHook. Man golfed his ball, even though rubs of the green were omnipresent for all. Happy @phrodo could tag along too, certified good gui!

2 Likes

@Eggman weā€™ve transcended the egg

3 Likes

Bored in Utah for work and want to stir some conversation here. Iā€™m moving from Woodbury to NE Minneapolis this summer and Iā€™ve been digging into the restaurant and bar scene a bit. Obviously @Billy_Baroo and Headflyer will have to be a frequent stop, but was wondering if you guys have any other favorite spots in the area?

5 Likes

Jokeā€™s on you, @Billy_Baroo is never there!

4 Likes