Roll Call: Minnesota Part 2 - SIM MEETUP post 9471

High of 61 for Saturday. I don’t know what to do with this information. @TBuhr33 busted back into his storage bin to grab some shorts.

On that note, let’s talk about another member of team TBuhr, @TheRightSide

Now, many of you probably don’t know him, but I have known him since the 6th grade. He is yet another lefty in the field, and as has been stated before, he has a very fine taste in equipment.

Mr. Rightside is methodical. Hits everything through his bag well and isn’t afraid to try any shot but where he has a lot of control is with his short game. Flops, low spinners, you name it, he’s got it.

One final note, when he hits his driver, it goes KABOOM, baby!

4 Likes

@bignanski what is the scouting report on my partner @Battisstatus ? I’m planning on a net 65 out of him with minimal contributions from myself. How do I motivate him to greatness?

5 Likes

Seeing the Nanski bubble typing.

Oh sh*t

6 Likes

I thought you’d never ask.

Batty is soft-spoken and relentlessly positive. He loves team golf more than maybe anything else and always seems to know exactly what to say to motivate his playing partner. As a fellow card-carrying member of #teamblueforever, expect him to have spent several days tracking the weather and debating kits leading up to this event. You won’t know it at first glance on Saturday, but he will absolutely be the most hyped man on the course.

Like any mid-capper’s, his game ebbs and flows. Flow is a good word, in fact - my gui’s got head lettuce that hearkens back to his hockey days and a smooooth transition. If I were a lesser man, I might quietly hate that he’s every bit as good as me despite having picked up the game only a few years ago while I’ve been playing since childhood. He doesn’t chase distance like some of us fools with more strength than sense; instead focusing on precision. Driver can be squirrely, but the 4 iron is every bit as deadly as the 58-degree - certainly something you don’t see every day in a 15-'cap. A recent putter upgrade has him rolling the rock better than ever.

Motivating him is easy. His positive vibes are infectious; small words of encouragement will come easily and are all he needs. He may not admit or even realize it, but strong play from his partner has him wanting to outdo said partner, and he will. Guy bounces back from a bad shot or hole as well as anyone I’ve seen. You’ve got a good one here, to be sure.

15 Likes

You’re words are far too kind as always, brother.

I am extremely excited for this event, guis! It’s going to be a blast!!!

#teamblueforlife

9 Likes

A sign up for The Return to the Birthplace of Strapped event next year has been posted. Sign up if you like a good time!

3 Likes

Ass Cap freesypop has secured the 10 am time with the help of @natecardingolf and will be radioing back pin positions, strategy, and vibes to team @TBuhr33

8 Likes

FYI @TCRBrad Stoneridge is doing 11 am Shotgun on Sunday now with the warmer weather.

3 Likes

When I made @freesypop an AssCap

5 Likes

versus now

4 Likes

Forecast: 61 degrees and boozy

8 Likes

This being said - I got four slots so if anyone would like to participate in an unofficial capacity, let me know.

2 Likes

Hmmmmmmm

4 Likes

@freesypop if you can find a way to get a full group of refugees, I would think we could fold you all in if you want too

What do you think
@Daniel @TBuhr33

4 Likes

Gahhhhhhhh I’ve gotta head home on Saturday after the game. But dammit I need to play Stone Ridge some time

2 Likes

I think the more the merrier!

4 Likes

I’m playing baker National Saturday @ 3:15pm. Never played there so looking forward to it.

I’d be down if there are open spots! Live five miles from southern and haven’t played it yet this year.

5 Likes

Boom!

1 Like

2 more gets us to 24 players in the FF?!?

2 Likes