Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

I’m new here. Live in Traverse City. I’m poor and pretty terrible at golf. Looking forward to embarrassing myself at the local places this summer and driving downstate to get unreasonably sunburnt walking around the Detroit PGA stop.

2 Likes

Elmbrook in TC is the quintessential “Local Spot” cool track, not pretentious, not too difficult. Loved playing there as a kid on vacation.

1 Like

I love Elmbrook. Try to get out there as often as I can. There was some rumor and innuendo about it being sold off to a housing developer, but they are up and running this year as normal, thus far.

Playing Stoatin Brae a couple times on Saturday, May 4th if any refugees are interested in meeting up! Going off first at 7:10am and again at noonish. $60 is the rate.

I’m playing Elmbrook this weekend along with Lochenheath. I love Elmbrook and it makes for a great spot to play your way into a TC weekend.

If you had to play one course for the rest of your life in Michigan what would it be? I think mine would have to be Forrest Dunes. Anyone else?

We went just north of there to A-Ga-Ming last Spring and loved the two courses there.

1 Like

The Loop, assuming I can play both directions :smirk:

On the same topic, heading up to FD tomorrow with a group of buddies. Playing the red and FD Saturday and then the black Sunday. We’re staying on site so I’m excited to check out the 18 hole putting course as well. Beyond excited.

1 Like

Just going off of the ones I’ve played I’d go with Diamond Springs. There’s never anyone out there and there’s just something about that place that I really enjoy.

I’ve never played it but based on what other people have told me my other pick would be The Dunes Club.

I ride hard for Diamond Springs.

1 Like

I was there last year the week they opened the putting course and it was really fun. Howevah, the bugs are gnarly in that spot of the property and I remember wondering how healthy that grass will be because it’s basically tucked into a stand of trees. Fill us in when you check it out

Kingsley Club

2 Likes

Transplant from Wisconsin, just moved to Ann Arbor. Looking to get some weekend games going. I’ve got a toddler at home, so I like to be first off the tee on Saturday or Sunday. Any NLUers who are game to walk one of the local tracks let me know!

1 Like

Forgot to post this earlier in the week and I haven’t seen it online anywhere. But Forest Dunes is building a 12-13 hole short course designed by Riley Johns. They were staking it out while I was up there last weekend.

Now someone please play with HoselTraj.

4 Likes

Sick! Forest Dunes is my shit. I was getting very jealous seeing the pics from The Duel at The Loop.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement brother.

I’m a Wisconsin transplant as well live in Ypsilanti. I’ll shoot you a message with my contact info let’s get a round in

Wow, I did not know this. That’s incredible. Riley is one of the best guys in golf, so it seems to me. A Michigan public golf road trip has to be on the Mt Rushmore of golf experiences for the average person in the US, no? I’m thinking late August, early September would be incredible. Good for Riley, can’t wait to see this someday.

1 Like

Ginella posted the routing this morning. Looks like they’re sliding 10 holes in between the Loop and putting course. 10th green looks like it will either replace or be part of the existing putting green.

2 Likes

So sick. Any word on when this will be finished?

We did a weekend trip first week in May and man… easily one of the best golf trips I’ve ever done. The courses are obviously amazing. The Loop is singular in this part of the country in the questions it asks from golfers. Forest Dunes is nearly perfect - it was a bit soft when we played when it’s typically somewhat firm. We stayed at a house off the 8th fairway that could not have been more ideal - four bedrooms with two queen beds apiece, each with a full bathroom.

I highly recommend this trip to any serious golfers out there.

2 Likes