Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Last year we looked at doing a Tullymore/St Ives day trip on Michigan football bye week. It’s not really “up north”, but I got the chance to play Tullymore earlier this year for the first time and I really enjoyed the course. It’s not so far north that I would imagine it would be still open around then.

Also, I know Treetops used to do a Golf-toberfest deal on some fall weekends where you got a package of four rounds, 2 nights, and a bunch of local craft beers for a ridiculously good rate. Not sure if they still do.

1 Like

Kzoo area could be good. Stoatin Brae, Angel’s Crossing, etc

2 Likes

How far north are you looking to go?

Forest Dunes is my vote if they are open that late. The Loop is awesome. I skipped over it my first few times there because it sounded like a gimmick. Would definitely choose Loop over original course after playing both. There’s a few decent courses on the way up as well. I really enjoy the Nightmare and Dream in West Branch. Probably a bit over priced but you can bring your own beer so that saves you some money.

Anyone want to play Belvedere on Saturday (9/18)?

I bought a foursome w/ carts earlier this summer in a charity auction and it expires this season. I’ve made a tee time for Saturday about 2pm but none of my normal playing partners wants to make the trip. I’m going and if anyone wants to join they’re welcome.

Note that I’m a fat middle-aged guy who’s a bad golfer. I probably don’t have any great stories either, but I try to play quickly and not be a dick.

Let me know.

5 Likes

Got an opening in the east bs west if there is someone who wants to jump in, just DM me or throw your name on the list!

1 Like

Let me know how it is, I’m
Heading up there next Saturday.

1 Like

What’s up, gang?! We’re just two days away from @jawnnypage, @littleadamj, myself and more playing 100 holes! While I’ve hit my goal, more money for First Tee is never a bad thing. Helps buy balls, clothing, etc. for kids who may not have it.

I’d love your help, and if you have donated already, I cannot thank you enough! If you’re thinking, “that Max guy sucks,” you can always donate to John or Adam! Support Max White - First Tee - Greater Detroit 100 Hole Golf Marathon | PledgeIt for Charities

4 Likes

100% on the Max sucks train. Mostly because he’s a way better fundraiser than me haha.

4 Likes

I will be in Grand Rapids next Friday (10/1) for a wedding and want to get out and play with some Michigan refugees. The Devries courses are getting punched that week, so I have 3 spots available to play Stoatin Brae at 9:20.

1 Like

Let me check back in early next week if you don’t fill it. But if a haul from GR but I might swing that.

1 Like

2 spots left for Stoatin Brae on 10/1.

1 Like

Anyone feeling really charitable today? We had a couple late drop outs for a scramble tomorrow afternoon at Cracklewood in Macomb supporting Henry Ford II HS athletics if anyone would be willing to join me!

$100 gets you golf, food, and all the drinks you need to deal with the possible weather situation. Will volunteer my phone for streaming Ryder Cup.

I’m in!

2 Likes

Got to play Heritage and Greywalls today… Still in awe of how beautiful Greywalls is. Unlike anything I’ve ever seen/played and can’t wait for the TS episode! Already looking forward to my return visit…

8 Likes

What’s crazy about Greywalls is that some of the best actual golf holes are not the most visually appealing. 13, 14, and 17 are absolute killer golf holes, and rarely make Instagram. That 14th green may be the most intimidating DeVries green I’ve ever played.

1 Like

Has anyone played Stoatin Brae lately? What’s the conditioning like these days?

Im going to play next Friday. Can report back. Still have 2 spots open to join if anyone wants in.

1 Like

Greetings from the Bird House!

9 Likes

Anyone interested in playing this Friday at 1:20pm at Greystone in Washington Twp?