Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

some real mullet lake country club vibes here. their dogleg is not quite 90, but there is tree in the middle of the fairway :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Oh my! So many wonderful wtf features! The trees surrounding the water, that sand trap, the 90*s… I’ve never heard of this place before, but I kind of want to see it now too.

1 Like

Not an awful bunker if its designed to keep people from cutting the corner. 250-260ish carry from the back tees?

I think the cluster of trees surrounding it leave me scratching my head more so than the placement of it.

1 Like

Mullet Lake Country Club…talk about a hidden gem, emphasis on the hidden!

1 Like

Just to try and get some more MI guis involved, we need 2 more people to make a nice even 20 for the first MI east vs west. Holler!

I absolutely love that course.

3 Likes

Anyone play TPC Michigan lately? I’m playing there next Friday. It’s been a while since I’ve played there and just curious as to what type of shape the course is in.

I’m a member there! We had some issues this summer with all of the rain we got throughout July, so a few of the bunkers in the low areas require new sand and some work. The course has been closed since this Tuesday for aeration and will open back up on tomorrow. I played on Monday and it was in great shape, and with the decent forecast, it should heal up pretty quickly.

What time are you playing on Friday? Depending on my work schedule, I’d love to say hi!

2 Likes

Our group tees off at 11:00 AM. I’ll be there with a vendor I purchase from that has a Club Corps membership out of Firestone.

Thanks for the info!

Did send a PM but available on October 2 if there is still room. Can probably find someone to bring if needed as well to get to 22.

Would buy pouch.

Trying to plan a late season golf trip with my buddies. Probably about Oct 21-23 (Thurs-Sat). Was thinking about trying to do a trip up north somewhere, but a lot of places seem to already be shut down for the season, but a couple are still open.

Wanted to ask though if anyone has any suggestions for a golf trip anywhere in MI around that time of year?

If it is still an option, did a weekend trip this last April in Lansing. We played Woodside, Timber Ridge, Hawk Hollow and Eagle Eye. Then added a round at Forest Akers West on the way home.

Was very reasonable due to being before the main season.

4 Likes

Last year we looked at doing a Tullymore/St Ives day trip on Michigan football bye week. It’s not really “up north”, but I got the chance to play Tullymore earlier this year for the first time and I really enjoyed the course. It’s not so far north that I would imagine it would be still open around then.

Also, I know Treetops used to do a Golf-toberfest deal on some fall weekends where you got a package of four rounds, 2 nights, and a bunch of local craft beers for a ridiculously good rate. Not sure if they still do.

1 Like

Kzoo area could be good. Stoatin Brae, Angel’s Crossing, etc

2 Likes

How far north are you looking to go?

Forest Dunes is my vote if they are open that late. The Loop is awesome. I skipped over it my first few times there because it sounded like a gimmick. Would definitely choose Loop over original course after playing both. There’s a few decent courses on the way up as well. I really enjoy the Nightmare and Dream in West Branch. Probably a bit over priced but you can bring your own beer so that saves you some money.

Anyone want to play Belvedere on Saturday (9/18)?

I bought a foursome w/ carts earlier this summer in a charity auction and it expires this season. I’ve made a tee time for Saturday about 2pm but none of my normal playing partners wants to make the trip. I’m going and if anyone wants to join they’re welcome.

Note that I’m a fat middle-aged guy who’s a bad golfer. I probably don’t have any great stories either, but I try to play quickly and not be a dick.

Let me know.

5 Likes

Got an opening in the east bs west if there is someone who wants to jump in, just DM me or throw your name on the list!

1 Like

Let me know how it is, I’m
Heading up there next Saturday.

1 Like