Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

unless there is a discount it’s like $120 walking, $160 cart. was just down there two weeks ago

1 Like

Thanks for the info wasn’t sure what the price point was! Did you walk or ride? Not sure which I’m going to end up doing.

1 Like

We rode. If you’re there all day, cart is the way to go. Get your cart early. If you want to walk a little bit you can ditch the cart and leave some stuff in there to pick it up later. it was 95 and 90% humidity. we were goign to walk a little bit, but said f it.

3 Likes

Ya’ll, I got another raffle item (items, actually) for the First Tee marathon if you’ve been looking for the right moment to get involved.

I got a signed hardcover of ACCA from Mr. Coyne, and signed paperbacks of ACCA, Scotland, and Paper Tiger.

A $10 pledge gets you in, each additional $10 is good for another entry. If it’s like my other raffles so far, $20 gives you a strong chance, $50 means you might probably win.

Pledges go here for the next 14 days, with the drawing taking place on Tuesday, August 30th: Support Craig LeVasseur - 2022 First Tee - Greater Detroit 100 Hole Golf Marathon | PledgeIt for Charities

I appreciate everyone who has donated so far this summer. I know it’s not a great time to be fundraising, lol. This shit has been harder than I expected. Gonna keep scrapping until September 24th though!

6 Likes

Hi
I have 1 opening tomorrow afternoon for Kingsley-I’m am flying in tomorrow around noon. So if someone wants to play around 2pm - happy to host. We can arrange details once you respond.

3 Likes

Anyone able to get a round tomorrow early in the afternoon at Calderon in Grass Lake? I’m making the drive over from the GR area figured I’d see if anyone wanted to join

2 Likes

Hey everyone, I’m almost halfway to my 100 hole marathon goal, but I’m still well short of last year! I’d love any help you can give: Support Max White - 2022 First Tee - Greater Detroit 100 Hole Golf Marathon | PledgeIt for Charities

4 Likes

For the upcoming roost season!

1 Like

Michigan refugees, a Hoosier here. Headed North Sunday to do the Grand Rapids deal - Pilgrims and Mines Monday, Diamond Springs Tuesday, all before our annual Gull Lake Trip Wednesday-Friday. I know Gull Lake stinks, don’t @ me. If it were up to me we’d be going elsewhere for our annual trip.

Looking for non golf recs in Grand Rapids area for Sunday evening, Monday evening, and Tuesday morning. Thanks in advance fellas!

2 Likes

3 Blondes on a Friday does not suck

6 Likes

Hell yeah, enjoy man!

1 Like

Heading to GR for a wedding this coming weekend, unfortunately I don’t think golf is going to be in the picture but looking for suggestions of bars/things to do!

Obviously know Founders but any other good breweries around downtown or just north of it?

Thanks!

1 Like

I really like Sovengard. It’s just west of downtown on a street with a bunch of other stuff.

1 Like

Allegedly the Anchor Bar is a good time. Just don’t try to keep up with Chip and @JDGAFFLIN

3 Likes

Speciation just east of downtown is great if you like sour beer

1 Like

What’s your drink of choice? Will inform my recommendation.

1 Like

Down for most non IPA beers or a good cocktail! Probably will be Friday during the day before the rehearsal dinner so won’t be getting too wild

For a fun/unique experience I like Max’s Tiki Bar. Tons of tiki drinks in a cool setting, and pretty good food. Will need a reservation so if that appeals to you try to snag one in the next day or two. It’s also right downtown so close to a lot of other spots (Stella’s, HopCat, etc.) that folks frequent. Otherwise, I’m a fan of Brewery Vivant which is a few mins outside downtown, but very near The Green Well which is great; can combine the two for a fun evening.

4 Likes

The Anchor is my favorite dive bar in GR. The men’s bathroom is smaller than your standard cubicle which adds to the charm (?).

2 Likes

Long Road for a cocktail and Mitten Brewery for beer and pizza is a solid combo as well on the west side of town

2 Likes