Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

fuck yeah!

1 Like

@JDGAFFLIN I was so afraid of the FOMO. I couldn’t handle it!

2 Likes

Last call probably…

We have a couple of spots open at 2:36pm tomorrow for UMGC.

2 Likes

Man I wish I wasn’t heading up north to put docks in. I would have loved to join!

1 Like

Northern Michigan vacationers, can you please help me decide between:

• Sugarloaf Old Course
  • Elk Rapids

0 voters

Nowhere else will you get a rock pile in the middle of a fairway as a “feature.” Sugarloaf Old FTW.

2 Likes

Can’t vote but have wanted to play Elk Rapids for a couple of years now and will be doing so on June 6. I will report back to you my thoughts and opinions if that’s not too late.

1 Like

Champion Hill has entered the chat

12 Likes

I seem to remember one at Sweetgrass in the UP as well.

Wife and I are playing Pinecroft, Champion Hill and Elk Rapids this year on our golf trip. First time playing all 3 very excited!!

4 Likes

My Dad hit a drive directly behind the rock pile on 10 there and had to chip out sideways. What a funny hazard.

Also have one on four I think down the right hand side

2 Likes

Anyone play the courses at Lakewood Resort in Oscoda? It’s on groupgolfer right now now. I’m curious.

1 Like

It is a very dated resort. The Gailes course used to be awesome but I have heard it has gone downhill the last couple of years. When I was there 3 years ago we played that course 3 times and the other two only once each because they were in rough shape. If the Gailes course is in good shape its a good deal but the resort is pretty much a motel with three courses.

Yikes. Good to know. Thanks!

Throwing this out there for anyone interested. I’m heading to Forest Dunes June 10th - 13th. Sadly, one of my buddies had to back out. However, this does open a spot for anyone interested in tagging along for the trip. Bunch of guys in their early 30’s and Mr. Jalspurg. I have exhausted all my golfing buddies and have gotten a lot of no’s. If anyone in the thread is interested, send me an IM!

1 Like

Let this be known for Evergreen Resort near Cadillac too. Bought that Group Golfer a few years ago (offered annually since) and it was fun with friends but not worth going out of your way for.

1 Like

It stinks.

2 Likes

Shout out to Evergreen resort. They saved my life this past winter. We got stuck in an ice storm driving up north and they thankfully had a room.

3 Likes

Not to mention Greywalls…

I’ll grab photos of the UP rock piles next week when I’m up there.

2 Likes

My dad and his old buddies go every year. His comments:

“They’re ok and could use some updating.” Translation from my laconic Father: probably a dump.

What about the par 3 course? No-go hand motion?

Rooms? Depends on which rooms you get.

2 Likes