Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Welcome aboard!

Fill this sheet out, show up to events and tee times and just get involved!

2 Likes

New here also going to join. Thanks for doing on all this.

8 Likes

Welcome! Where in Michigan are you located?

1 Like

How difficult is it to find someone to host at Kingsley? Wife’s boss has a house in traverse city we may use for a little vacation this summer, and I’d love to be able to get on there if it’s not insanely expensive or one of those places where it’s pulling teeth to find someone to host

1 Like

The only refuge person I’ve seen post who is a member at Kingsley is @wseitz26

2 Likes

I’d also be interested in hearing about reasonably priced public courses within maybe an hour or two of TC (that aren’t Grand Rapids, I think I’ve got that covered), that would be fun to play. Not sure how much my non-playing wife will be willing to tag along for, and I’d prioritize Kingsley, but I’d like to have some options available in case some friends decide to go up with us

Champion Hill & Pinecroft aren’t too far from TC and are terrific affordable courses. (Champion is the better of the 2)

Edit: I’ve heard good things about Bahle Farms & Elk Rapids (9 hole Ross) as well. Good luck with Kingsley, it lives up to & exceeds the hype.

7 Likes

Belvedere is an hour from TC, and I think it’s around $80-$90 to walk. I won’t shut up about it, but I just love it that much.

10 Likes

Belvedere should be 1A, 1B, and 1C.

10 Likes

That picture is Champion Hill number 15 I think, right? Definitely a fun place to play. TFE had the owners on the pod once and did an article about them if you’re interested,

Haven’t played at Belvedere myself, but my dad loves it. We might be trying to get over there this year too

3 Likes

Unaccompanied at Kingsley is pretty pricey (pushing $400 per person all in), and pretty tough to set up. I’m always happy to host if I’m there (accompanied is significantly cheaper), but don’t know what my schedule looks like for getting up there yet this summer. I usually throw out an invite if I’m up there and have room. I’ll let you know if/when I’ll be up there.

5 Likes

Appreciate it. We haven’t nailed down a date yet, but I have a couple weeks of vacation to burn before mid august, so I’m trying to find places we can go on short-ish notice while still both being able to get those days off. Her boss has offered up his house up there in the past, so seems like a good place to get away during the summer heat

3 Likes

it is so nice up there. My FIL has always raved about it since I’ve been with with my wife, aways just kind of “yeah yeah,awesome can’t wait”. It is more than he could’ve explained.

Also, Belvedere, you can not not go play it. FIL loves golf but isn’t as deep in the weeds as most of us. I’ve never seen him react to a golf course the way he did. He still talks about the greens haha.

1 Like

@Mkg is that an NIT spot you just won down in NC?!

Yes sir. Just adding it to my hardware. :rofl:

14 Likes

Hell yeah man! Way to represent!!

At first look, I thought Randy was wearing something like these.

1 Like

Speaking of Kingsley, anyone else doing the Fried Egg event up there in October?

1 Like

I wish. Bet that is gonna be a good time!

2 Likes

Yes

2 Likes