Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

Heading to Rochester this weekend for a wedding and have Saturday morning free to get out. Are the Oakland U courses public? Anyone available to get together for a round?

1 Like

Two open spots saturday aug 13 at pilgrims run, 10.40a. HMU if you want to catch one!

Another opening to add to the list:

Washtenaw GC on Tuesday the 16th, 10:27am. One spot left.

Edit: This is full now

1 Like

Does anyone have a contact at Gull Lake/Stoatin Brae that might answer my emails about a visit during my trip next month from Scotland? They just won’t reply to the generic email address or the “contact us” form?

From what many have said this season the conditions at Stoatin are not good. Maybe look elsewhere?

Good to know. I’m coming from Scotland and won’t be there any time again soon, so will take my chances on it.

3 Likes

From where in Scotland are you coming from? My wife and I spent a week in Scotland for our honeymoon. Absolutely loved everything about it. Both of us can’t wait to get back and we would love to spend a summer there once we retire (although that is quite a ways away yet).

Cominf from Edinburgh/East Lothian. I did grad school at Notre Dame. I left town just as Stoatin Brae opened so haven’t played it.

You’re always welcome back here!

3 Likes

Dear Doctor- check out the Fortress in Frankenmuth or Flint Golf Club if you can get on via a LessonOnGolf.com voucher.

2 Likes

Fortress is great but Flint is next level if you’re able to find an in.

If Lansing is the preferred route, Forest Akers West & College Fields are definitely worth a look. I’ve heard good things about Timber Ridge as well.

1 Like

Eagle Glen is Clare is a great stop. It’s a Jerry Matthews design, so plenty of random mounding and 90’s bunkering but it’s an awesome bang for your buck course with numerous fun holes on rolling farmland. From there it’s about exactly one hour right up 115 to Crystal Mountain.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for all the great suggestions. We ended up settling on the western route, and grabbed a tee time at Pilgrim’s Run for Sat afternoon.

ETA: That Lesson on Golf site is new to me and looks fantastic.

2 Likes

Much better option

I’ll snag one if you’ve still got one for Saturday.

1 Like

You’re in, see you there! One spot left

1 Like

Heading to GR in a couple weeks and have time for two rounds. I’ve got one at Pilgrims and trying to decide between the Mines and Diamond Springs. Which do people here prefer?

I really liked mines and Diamond springs. If I had to choose I’d go mines.

For logistics the mines will be much easier to get to. Less time in the car and more time for golf if you’re trying to do same day.

6 Likes

Hey all,

Gonna be swinging through GR on the way up to TC next week and playing Diamond Springs at 11:00 on Thursday the 25th. Two spots open if anyone wants to join up!

1 Like

Throwing this in here before it goes to Silk Road. August 27th, I have 2 open passes to play Sweetens Cove. I believe it is $100 at the pro shop when you arrive. You can golf with me and my pops or do your own thing. If anyone is interested let me know!

3 Likes