Roll Call: Michigan - support the Green Fairway Fellowship!

https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/maxamania-ii-rackham-gc-detroit-mi-2022-may-21-post-5588/13811/5800?u=jdgafflin

Give me your money! (For Charity)

Not a member now but grew up playing there and have always loved the Old Course. New course was brutally difficult (and frankly, bad) but my understanding is they’ve made it a bit easier in the last few years. Nice change of pace perhaps compared to the Old but not a real attraction IMO.

Range has always seemed…fine? Bit of a weird set up but for the footprint of the property it’s probably the best they can do.

I did look into one of the membership tiers but IIRC it was New Course only and we just live too far away now to justify the cost of a full membership.

1 Like

I was talking to the GM and they said they redid a bit of the New Course. I don’t mind a bit of target golf. I am just hopeful that it gives me the space to hit balls and work on short game. I love to chip and putt. Plan is to check it out once snow melts and make my decision. Looking to move out that way as well. Really want to explore more of the parks and golf this summer! Thanks for the info :+1:

1 Like

He was throwing hissy fit at the beginning of the pandemic about not being able to golf. :roll_eyes:

Go bid!

1 Like

Anotherone.gif

3 Likes

Hello all – i’ll be moving to the Lansing area this summer and I am looking to both get an understanding of the golf scene and #getinvolved . Any recommendations on public tracks or even annual passes in the area that are worth checking out?

Also looks like I need to checkout wkndgolf and GAM for some competitive events - any other well run tournaments to check out?

3 Likes

Do I have an option for you! We are running the match play series this year along with the Fresh Coast Flock. So far we have Maxamania 2 in Detroit on may 22. We also have The grand rapids get down happening on June 4th. I am also working on an event for the Lansing area, shooting for late July, date TBD.

4 Likes

Ill get the wahtsapp for both west and east posted in a little bit. Great places to get tee times and such, best part of Lansing is you’re not too far from either coast. We have a strong presence on both sides, trying to hype up the middle of the state!

Cheers, man! if you need a hand feel free to reach out!

1 Like

I’d highly recommend Groesbeck! I believe they sell annual passes.

Hawk Hollow/Eagle Eye are both great, but more expensive. There is also Woodside which is a 12-hole golf course which is not to far from those.

Forest Akers West is pretty decent as well. College Fields too.

1 Like

I played college fields for the first time this past summer and was really impressed, especially since it’s priced at right around $50 for 18 and a cart

1 Like

Seeing the Stroh’s Beer logo get hijacked by a roost from Texas got me thinking, could we work with any other logos from Michigan companies?

11 Likes

Yo, did your package arrive?

Haven’t seen it yet but I’ll check tonight

Tracking says it was delivered yesterday.

9500 1066 5961 2043 3392 68

agree with this wholeheartedly! I need to sharpen my skill at inserting beers in hands of logos. Was thinking the GRGD logo would work great for one if you can make it happen!

But, for sure, the way Michigan supports their beers is awesome. Maybe we cold do a take on the Founders logo or something as well.

dig the little Ceasers joint

1 Like

A rif on the bells two hearted bottle label would be cool too

Founders Breakfast Stout has a ton of upside here

potential very high with those

1 Like

Still need to figure out something to do with the lettering

10 Likes

Caw caw bitches!