Roll Call - Metro NYC

^^^THIS!

Green is always my go to course, Red is my favorite, Black is a Grind, and I would take Yellow over Blue any day of the week.

2 Likes

I like the feeling of isolation that the Green gives you. It wanders off into its own part of the park after sharing that tunnel with the Black.

2 Likes

Red is my jam, itā€™s honestly my favorite course. Iā€™ll play Black a handful of times a year, but I could play Red everyday and be happy. Itā€™s got the perfect variety of holes and itā€™s a great layout. I donā€™t love green, I play it the least. Iā€™d go Red, Black, Yellow, Blue, Green.

Does anyone have any experience/recommendations with lessons in Manhattan? It seems like there are a ton of options, but itā€™s hard to distinguish between the options. Thoughts?

1 Like

Iā€™ve been going to Chelsea Piers for a while now. DM me for more info.

I am about to go for a lesson at Five Iron Golf tomorrow.

I will update you with how it was. I signed up for two months of membership over the winter to scratch the itch.

1 Like

Looks like we wonā€™t be playing Bethpage Red, Green or Yellow until after Fourth of July.

waa, theyā€™re pouring gravel on the yellow course?!

6BT_pk

So the invasion of Eisenhower begins no?

Hey guys, I am the Director of Golf at Golf Manhattan. We are an indoor facility in midtown Manhattan. We recently changed ownership and look to expand in 2019. All TrackMan Simulators, small bar, TV in every room, ability to play your own music! Anyone who is interested in coming, shoot me an email for a complimentary hour of golf! Email: kyle@golfmanhattan.com

7 Likes

Very generous offer! Will definitely be in touch to make an appointment!!

2 Likes

Awesome. Will take you up on this as Iā€™m in the city often. Primarily Midtown - often with a few hours to kill between meetings or either end of the day.

2 Likes

Hey man! Iā€™m the Director of Golf at Golf Manhattan, Iā€™ve been teaching in NYC for a few years. Shoot me an email if youā€™re interested in setting something up: Kyle@golfmanhattan.com

1 Like

@MGolf IRL. Into it!

1 Like

@ksenatoregolf can you make groups in Trackman combine? I need a NLU-NYC leaderboard situation

1 Like

@JC23 Iā€™m currently getting lessons from Kyle (@ksenatoregolf) at Golf Manhattan. Good coach, and does online lessons to supplement the in person sessions which is great. From my experience with golf instructors in NYC, it comes down to 1) is it convenient for me to get to them 2) do I enjoy spending time with the instructor. If your swing is broken like mine, youā€™re going to be spending a ton of time with that personā€¦

1 Like

This stinks. How did the construction impact the courses when previous events were hosted? I thought the courses were open with modified holes on 1 Green and 1 Red.

I honestly canā€™t remember, I was trying to jog my memory. I know I played Red the week before the Barclayā€™s but I think theyā€™re going at a much bigger scale for the PGAā€¦

Can anyone else remember?

Iā€™ve definitely played Red with grandstands up and temporary roads running along the right side of the first hole. I donā€™t remember how far before or after the Barclays it was. I believe they put tees at around 200 yards out from the first green and play it as a tough par 3 to start.

Iā€™m a huge Bethpage fan, itā€™s my favorite place to play, with Red being my favorite. Iā€™m totally fine with playing it with a shortened first hole as long as getting tee times is an option in April and early May.

1 Like

Yes, the Red 1 and Green 1 both turned into par 3ā€™s when the Barclays was last played. Red was around that 200 number. 1 Green I remember being about 60 yards. Both didnā€™t bother me. Just let me get out there and play.

I canā€™t remember what they did for the Yellow and Blue. 1 and 10 on both had to be closed because of infrastructure and the driving range on 1 Yellow.

Hopefully we have a mild March and April so we can get out a few times before the PGA