Roll Call: Massachusetts

From what I’ve heard, the patio at George Wright does pretty good business. A bunch of my non golfing friends have gone there on weekend nights to hang out. I can’t really see that happening at FP though

1 Like

Just found these in my ball collection in LA; one awesome, one nostalgic:

3 Likes

I’ll take the “nostalgic” one and let you keep the Shaker Hills golf ball

3 Likes

I’ve always enjoyed Walpole CC. Good vibes and membership for what I’ve experienced.

Had one of my first jobs, working on the groundskeeping crew. Definitely did not take advantage of that

Sign ups are live for our May 2 event at Presidents! Using the same Stableford quota system made famous by the Rustic Canyon NIT qualifier, endorsed by such luminaries as @Lazstradamus and @leric90. We’ve already got @GolfKicks, @anon26814599, and @Sladeplugins in the fray, so hop in, should be an awesome time.

PS: @leric90 your name is one letter off from one of the loveliest women in my high school graduating class. Not sure why that would matter to you but felt I had to mention it.

6 Likes

Did someone say roses?

1 Like

Hey Massachusetts Refugees I am going to be posting this in a few places, but please hear me out.

My wife and I run The Salvation Army in Keene, NH and every year we try and send as many kids as we can to our camp in the summer at no charge to them. This ends up running us a bill of about $7,500. Normally we are well off and don’t need to do anything too crazy except this year we lost a $25,000 donation because they didn’t feel like doing it anymore for us. With that being said we are doing a Keene Golf Charity Day.

It is a one day event where you play as many holes as possible and you find people to donate money per hole, or birdie, or whatever and when you cannot play anymore golf you collect.

Example: You have a friend who will donate $0.50 per hole, but $1 per birdie. You play 36 holes but make 10 birdies on the day. They would then donate $28.00 to the Keene Corps.

We have a donor right now who is willing to match up to $2,500 raised for the event in order to help us reach our goal.

We are having this at Bretwood Golf Course in Keene on Wednesday May 6th. All you do is pay the green fee and having your sponsors donate as to how much you play that day.

Even if you are unable to do it, would you help us out by sharing it on social media or even email to anyone who might be interested in helping out. We are doing this to raise funds for Camp Scholarships.

I am unable to upload the pdf flier so I can send it to you if you would like.

Please do not hesitate to ask me any questions.

3 Likes

this is awesome and will look into taking the day off from work! from jaffrey originally too!

finally back on here more after a year hiatus. work has been crazy and slowed down a little now. moved back to waltham and am at a new dealership in Dedham, so have quite a bit of golf area covered. snuck out on thursday to newton commonwealth. they were punching fairways as i was playing but course overall is decent for how early in the spring it is. ready to get out more this summer and hopefully with some people from here.

That would be awesome. The more the better. We are hoping to set up a putting comp where you make a donation and have a chance to earn a prize. And a closest to the pin on a Par 3 contest.

If you are able to partake, would you be willing to find someone or people to donate to our camperships for kids?

120% man. Going to start diving into it now.

Thanks man. I really appreciate the help. If you want the flier that we made go ahead and email me at nicolas.r.senak@use.salvationarmy.org and I can send it to you.

shooting you an email now!

1 Like

So uh…The International shut down today for good. This sucks.

Corona shut down or out of business permanent shut down???

The latter. Using Corona as the reason but I don’t buy it. They terminated all the staff today and sent an email to all the members. I confirmed behind the scenes it’s done done.

Waiting for more logistical details tomorrow. Assuming I get my dues for the year back (I prepaid) I’m a free agent apparently. Once I can leave the house that is.

1 Like

I heard that the International was struggling for years

I heard this too

Definitely struggled for years. Too bad. Another good place that would flourish if it were 20 minutes closer to Boston. I thought about joining for years, but it is tough to drive that far often enough.

New member here, just wanted to say hi and see what courses people are playing at/ meet up for a round sometime if the state doesn’t go on lockdown lol

3 Likes