Roll Call: Maryland

Josh - U/A Tour on the Shore player? I see you on the list for Jeffersonville on Saturday. Good luck - looks like I go off at 9:20.

1 Like

Sorry I missed this - Bay Creek is fantastic, down in Cape Charles. Bit of a hike from Chincoteague, but worth the drive in my opinion. Hope you had a great weekend!

Fairway Hills has Costco range balls. First time I have seen them at any course.

3 Likes

I know a lot of people play them and like them, but seeing that would just make me wonder where else the course was being cheap lol

Could be what they did with their last version which was recalled because of issues with the cover. What would you do with a billion golf balls that would get chewed up on wedge strikes?

For the Marylanders who would want to come down.

3 Likes

Heres the link to the event thread for match play tourney Match Play Atop the Hill

We’d love to have you guys out!

Hoping y’all can help me out. I am heading to Annapolis for a weekend with my wife in mid November and wanted suggestions for oysters/brunch/bars to head to. Appreciate any help!

Sailor Oyster bar (never actually been but heard good things)
Boatyard Bar & Grill (good local scene, crab cakes)
Davis’ Pub (local dive with solid bar food)
Stan & Joes Saloon (sports bar with live music most nights)
Severn Inn (decent brunch but great views)
Blackwall Hitch (overall good food, live music, pricey)
Dry 85 (whiskey bar with great food)
Vida Taco (taco bar with great margs)
Red red wine (wine bar with decent food)
1747 Pub (beer garden with live music, decent food)
The Point (about 10 minutes outside of Annapolis but probably the best combo of food,views, and vibe around)

Then you have your bars that have been around forever; McGarveys & Middletons which are good to go have a beer or 2.

1 Like

My personal favorite downtown is McGarvey’s. Very typical bar food and oysters but very good. Some of that is nostalgia for me personally as we’ve been going there to kickoff our Christmas Eve for as far back as I can remember and also went in between our wedding and the reception. But would recommend for sure.

Vin 909 in Eastport is a great wine, small plates, and pizza bar. One of our favorite date night spots.

Joss is right on Main Street and is a good sushi place as well.

2 Likes

Got married in Annapolis and return often for anniversary visits. Highly recommend Carrol’s Creek Cafe for a brunch with the wife. It’s right across Spa Creek from the city dock, which means either a casual stroll across the drawbridge or a quick but fun water taxi ride. The food is good, not great, but the views back across the water are fantastic.

God how did I forget about Vin

1 Like

It’s probably my favorite place down there but because it’s so tucked away in Eastport easy to forget about from time to time.

1 Like

Washingtonian here. Is there a WhatsApp chat or some other medium maintained by this group to get together for impromptu tee times, etc?

1 Like

There is! Here is a previously shared invite link. If this doesnt work, just try searching “whatsapp” in this topic and grabbing one of those links.

Looks like I’m going to be in the Baltimore area on 11/20 with nothing to do. Anyone looking to play and want to get together? Assuming its not freezing, of course.

1 Like

Wherabouts, specifically?

I’m spending the night with my brother in Odenton Friday night. Have to drive back to Philly at some point but my wife and son will be out of town so I’m in no rush. I can be anywhere at any time really. You free?

Yea man lets set it up. @Samton128 get involved

My cousin is getting married Saturday night but I might be able to swing a morning tee time.