Roll Call: Maryland

Bingo. Don’t need driver until 7. Do love the ability to get home in 2 on 9 & 18.

It’s been pretty quiet on here lately. Everyone okay?

1 Like
  1. the whatsapp thread has turned into the primary mode of communication for most, the link is above

2. define “okay”

3 Likes

We also have a MD specific chat going.

1 Like

That’s the thing you want to share from the WhatsApp chat? I mean it is damn funny but at least put it in context. :rofl:

3 Likes

Just the most recent chuckle! Now that you mention it, your profile picture looks awfully familiar

1 Like

It’s funnier when you know it was a discussion about sponsoring a kids baseball team with some teams being sponsored by taverns. That is why I thought Barry Wood would be something really funny to have on a little league jersey

2 Likes

The Maryland crew is starting up a local season long match play series. Only have to commit to 1 round per month at the agreed upon courses each month. Will be playing off handicaps and all are welcome. Jump in the chat (linked a few posts above), sign up for the series and get involved

1 Like

Going to play River Downs on Saturday. Never played there before. Does anyone have an info on the course?

1 Like

Man, I kinda miss the refuge madness. Been great meeting so many of you the past couple years. In partnership with the NYC-metro group, we’re looking for one more to join for this trip 3/31-4/3:

Thursday: Bulle Rock 10:00
Friday: Kingsmill River 8:30, Plantation 1:50
Saturday: Shoe Green 8:30, Shoe Gold 2:10
Sunday: RNK 9:00

Final pricing is $949.25/pp staying at Kingsmill Resort in a 3 bedroom villa where everyone gets their own bedroom. Lodging is based on triple occupancy in which everyone has their own bedroom.

Who’s in!? @HibernatingBear

2 Likes

Let’s go boys! It’s a group of 23 guys (mainly from the NYC area) and we even have team shirts (H&B) and a logo. The Capitol Cup needs one more brave soul to make this a 12v12 “Ryder Cup”

I’m playing there on Friday. I like it for the pricing and the challenge, but it seems a very unpopular place in here. I also am not good enough to truly appreciate good (i.e. expensive) golf courses. It’s also not walkable so if you prefer walking its probably not the place for you.

Interested in hearing your opinions about it, especially on numbers 10 & 11.

For 10 and 11 I think I said where is the hole at the tee. And followed it up “what the heck” when I saw the green. Overall the course was ok. I am not a huge fan of the blind shots and elevation changes. I have played other courses by Arthur Hills, like Waverly Woods and Blue Mash, which I enjoyed more. But I was just happy to get and a play a round.

1 Like

I think that’s the attitude you have to have at that course. When I played Friday the greens were really hard to read. Ran alot slower than I was expecting.

Bumping this. Up to 21 players. Would like to get a few more so we have an even number

Has a date been set for March? I’m interested in signing up but want to make sure I’m not booked already.

There’s not a specific date each month. You would just schedule your match with your opponent. However, we are currently at an even number so we are capping entries so that we can begin scheduling unless there’s another person that wants to sign up.

I’d be interested depending on what part of Maryland we are referring to.

Different course each month. Starting at Rocky point. Will mostly be playing around the Baltimore area courses.

I could sneak in a round for March if anyone else would like to hop in to make an even number.