Roll Call: Maine

Let’s see where things are on the 1st and maybe we can get an Arundel round on the calendar.

1 Like

Welcome…I have a buddy that plays at Brunswick…quite the round a few days ago by that kid …shot a 59

1 Like

I worked for the MSGA in 2014 and 2015 and Caleb was like 11 years old and would play in our junior tournaments and would shoot even from the forward tees. Didn’t hit it super far but hit it soooo straight. He’s gained some distance now and still hits it as straight as anyone I know. And he’s one of the nicest guys you’ll ever meet. I played against him in the first round of the state match play last year and got absolutely waxed and despite only playing 13 holes, it was one of the most enjoyable rounds of golf I had all year. I suspect he will do very well at UConn.

Wow. 59 is impressive anywhere. I’ve been playing mostly at Sebasco Harbor during the quarantine because all of the other courses have been packed. Not a bad drive and a beauty of a course down there.

1 Like

This is very distressing. I NEED to play Cape Arundel, as well as get another crack at Kebo and take on NE Harbor. Tell your governor to stop hoarding all the golf

1 Like

NE Harbor is by far the most underrated 18 hole golf course in the state of Maine and it’s not even close. Get up there in the fall if you can. That’s when it’s at its best.

1 Like

Hell yes, will do.

I played kebo last week. Was mega firm and fast. Honestly it was on edge. The wind was up and it was borderline. With that said, the history and the location makes it a favorite round of the year every time I am there

And while I was planning that trip down, when I looked into ne harbor, they were open to members only. Hopefully that has changed or will change soon

Uh oh… are we almost in range of this?!

1 Like

Kebo and NE greens always seem to toe the line of being a little too fast

Playing 9 at Bridgton Saturday and Sunday at 7:30. Room for one both days.

So Arundel is now open for public play provided that everyone complies with the current quarantine rules. Which means no issues for ME NH VT residents and everyone else needs a negative COVID test. So Watney is out.

Peak season rates apply. Who is in and would you prefer to play on the weekend or weekday?

i enjoy it there…and will be doing a sebago/ bridgton double at somepoint this year

i think most people would have said past that point…i just smiled my way around and enjoyed the historic course

1 Like

Bath Golf Club has the killer 1/2 off Happy Hour starting at 2pm.

Course has some new vigor this year. They have invested some capital and its playing as best as I’ve seen it in the last couple of years.

Side Note:
I am free all weekend if any Strapped Mainers are trying to sneak a round in!

1 Like

Are you member there? I play at a “resurrection golf” course , in orono

From Away Current C.E. Checking In!

Moving to Maine in September, looking to get involved in the Maine scene and run a few loops before the snow flies. Val Halla and Toddy Brook will be my home tracks, but always interested in getting farther afield.

Not a full-time Maine golfer yet. Just moved to Chicago from Pittsburgh, but hoping to move the family to Vacationland in the near future. My parents just retired full-time to Blue Hill. Anyways, just wanted to report how great Kebo is. Usually, I am hiking with the family when I get to MDI, but after eying it for years, finally got in a round this summer, and it didn’t disappoint.

Front nine def more interesting than the back, but some great holes throughout. Layout allows for a fair amount of old school ground game golf, though there are a few greens perched on mountains. Some decent width helps keep balls in play, while some really tough, super slick greens make going low quite difficult. Views are incredible. Just really pure, overall.

Other faves around the Penobscot Peninsula are Island CC on Deer Isle and Penobscot Valley in Orono. Also love Castine, but it’s really been struggling conditions wise the last few years.

2 Likes