Roll Call: KC Area

I think I saw you hit a flopasaurus off of the 18th tee to the 17th green.

1 Like

2 Likes

This is tough, but fair.

2 Likes

@NightTrainLane @PSchmitt9 sounds good for Sunday morning, count me in

1 Like

@NightTrainLane I possibly have a 4th if there is still a last spot open for Sunday

There is still a spot open, let me know if you got it filled!

2 Likes

My buddy is in for Sunday AM, can’t wait. See you guys at the course, what’s the name the tee time is under? @NightTrainLane

1 Like

@Sticca The tee time is under “Schartz”, like when you trust a fart after eating TacoBell for lunch…

See you guys in the AM.

5 Likes

Gave me a good lil chuckle. Hit em well.

1 Like

HOA coming in with the budget hat options For the woke

$10 sales rack of “samples”. Yes, they are selling sample hats from imperial of not their course.

7 Likes

Could buy all 4 for $40 and probably convert that into $150

5 Likes

Haven’t checked in a while, but just wanted to add that I played Hillcrest Saturday AM and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised for my $65. Had been a while since I played and all the new white sand bunkers and care they have implemented to bring back the bare spots in the fairway have gone a long way.

The bar is set to re-open this week and supposedly a pool reno is in the works. It was an enjoyable time.

I played there not too long ago either and agree that it’s shaping up pretty nicely. I could do without the white sand bunkers. i only got into one of them, but i wished I had sunglasses it was so blindingly bright.

I was a little confused about the dog park fencing. Seems to be a weird way to spend money on a place that needs it so many other places.

1 Like

In talking to some on saturday, it seems like the want more entertainment as a whole in the facility and the dog park thing was a way to bring more people out. Called it a “pooch and putt” or something similar to that. Will be interesting to track progress.

I was fortunate to miss all that lovely white sand…this time.

I played there Sunday. It is wayyyyy better than it used to be. I’m not the biggest fan of the course itself, but the conditioning was markedly better than even a year ago. Greens were rolling pretty true.

Probably have some bias here, but I think swope is still better, IMO.

The Mutt and Putt is a weird thing to add.

2 Likes

100% with you on Swope.

Hello fellow KC NLU’ers. Just joined after lurking for a while.

Hope to get a round in with some of y’all at some point. Live in the Midtown area and play HOA often, largely because of location and price.

2 Likes

welcome! did you just move to KC or have you been here for awhile?

Been in KC for about five years now, moved from Virginia when I got married.

Just got back into playing golf within the last two years, working on getting to know the good courses around here!

Minor Park 2 person scramble was a good time last night. Fun prizes (cart mate won an Epic Driver) and decent food that was handed out while on course. $40 well spent.

1 Like