Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

Anyone interested in doing an NLU meetup at Topgolf for Masters Saturday? Figured weather will at least be not that terrible by then. Watch some golf, hit a few balls, have a couple beers.

…I’m interested. Full disclosure I will have just gotten back from a week long golf binge/bachelor party that includes a masters practice round. If my future wife has mercy on my soul I would very likely be there.

We’ll play it by ear haha.

Interested, depending on what time exactly.

I will be in the Indianapolis area next weekend for a wedding. We are going to play a round at Prairie View in Carmel.

Does anyone know anything about the course? Is it worth playing?

Definitely worth playing. One of the best public courses in Indiana. Probably won’t be in tremendous shape given the time of year, but given the time of year, you’re playing one of your best options. Fun course that does a good job of testing all aspects of your game.

Yes. Has hosted IHSAA (High School) State Finals and Conference Championship Tournaments (College).

Thanks for your quick response and information. I am looking forward to seeing the course.

Thank you for your quick response.

Grew up and still play here a lot, you will hit every club in the bag and you better hit it straight!

New to NLU and the message boards. I currently live in Bloomington right now, but I’m willing to drive just about anywhere to play good golf. I’ve played most of the good courses around Indy and further south. If anybody ever wants to meet up and play just let me know!

Grew up in Fort Wayne. Caddied as s kid at the Fort Wayne Country Club…best job of my life. Currently live in Lexington, Kentucky. Have a golfing weekend set up with the buddies in the summer in Indianapolis. Playing The Fort and Eagle Creek.

The Fort is obviously an awesome awesome awesome track, and Eagle Creek is pretty fun and provides a really good value, no matter which course you choose. You’ll have a fun weekend no doubt

Played Bear Slide for the first time this weekend. Will likely be my home course moving forward. Let me know if anyone wants to get out so I don’t have to play with my coworkers…

1 Like

Yeah! Really excited. I keep hearing good things about the Fort, but haven’t played. How would you characterize the course?

It might be the only course in Indiana with some real elevation change. There are some really fun, gettable holes, and the course is always in excellent shape. On a lot of the holes, if you’re the kind of person who likes to get really creative, you have that opportunity. Otherwise, you can grip it and rip it just the same. I’ve never had a bad day there, and that includes playing in a downpour once and getting the shanks on the back nine another time.

The Fort is a really fun golf course, on a nice piece of property, which makes for some interesting and varied design. The Indianapolis area is somewhat sneaky deep, in terms of solid golf courses, including plenty of public options.

1 Like

North Central Indiana here. Halfway between South Bend and Fort Wayne.

That’s what it seems: Trophy Club, Bear Slide, The Fort, Purgatory seem to all be favorite public courses and none of them break the bank.

In Fort Wayne I typically play Cherry Hill, Chestnut Hill (Fuzzy Zoeller design), or Autumn Hills, or Foster Park (favorite muni).

Anyone ever play at Maple Creek?