Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

Eagle Creek and Golf Club of Indiana would be good candidates for playability. There’s also a little 9 hole track close to downtown called Buffer Park that is always in great shape.

My wife and I live in the Old Southside right next to Fountain Square, so can provide any rec’s depending on what you’re looking for: coffee shops, breweries, food, let me know. Speedway’s got good options for people watching by the track too.

1 Like

Anything good on the way from Louisville to French Lick? I obviously know about the ones close by Louisville like Chariot Run, Covered Bridge, etc. but was looking to see if there was somewhere we’d want to play on the way there before we play the Ross and Sultan’s Run. We could do the Valley Course but looking to see what other, better options there might be.

I know @Douger23 haz thrown out some courses down there, he’s got the hookup in Southern Indiana so tapping him in for ya

I would highly recommend Christmas Lake I Santa Clause! I haven’t played there in a few years, but it’s always been good! It’s not to far south west of Jasper where Sultans is. Closeish to 64 too.

1 Like

Depending on your arrival and departure, you might want to see if Brickyard Crossing is available, especially if you’re a race fan.

1 Like

Come play in a Refuge event at a course featured on Tourist Sauce: Michigan. There’s still time to sign up!

Cross posting this from the Kentucky thread. If anyone in central or southern Indiana wants to make a road trip, feel free to hit myself or @leftysauce up!

1 Like

Hey y’all, putting out a call for anyone that’s interested in connecting more and even a potential Roost in 2022-2023! We don’t really have a fresh Indiana roster so check out the Google Sheet attached and get involved. I took the one from earlier in the thread and copied names over but cleared out everything else so double check that you’re in there.

Since our state is so spread out I split it into 5 regions that are labeled in the “Regions” tab. These are arbitrary but I tried to keep it ~2 hours from East/West and North/South for each region. Thinking this will help us get playing partners together and help set up future Roost events.

Last tab is putting out a call for potential Roost names. We’ve got a couple already populated so drop any more in there and vote if you’ve got a favorite. Anyone with artistic abilities please reach out to talk logos!

Looking forward to connecting with more of y’all and hopefully getting this Roost off the ground!

2 Likes

Come to Detroit and play a shit ton of golf next week! The rack, umgc, a bunch of refugees. How can you beat it!

1 Like

Fore! Greetings all, been a lurker for a while finally decided to chip the boys off some and become a Nest member.
Looking to get out and active locally, I live on the north side of Ft Wayne, in Huntertown. Play most of my golf up at Noble Hawk, played in the Tin Cup league there with my father in law the past 3 years. My golf game is consistently inconsistent, the scramble format up there keeps it fun but serious at the same time.
Going through a bit of an “expectation” makeover this season, recently trimmed the bag down to half set, hoping to find the joy in hitting shots rather then focusing completely on adding up scores. Looking to walk more and ride less, stop and smell the zoysia if you will.
I’m 41, married, 3 daughters… work in outside sales so my schedule is pretty fluid, travel just about the entire northern half of the state regularly. Love EVERYTHING NLU and would love even more to take a stroll and hit some wipey fades with some of you.
I’ve added my info to the Indiana spreadsheet and @BDeck25 I’m pretty handy with a pencil as it turns out, let me know what direction you’d like to go with a logo, I’ll gladly take crack at it.

6 Likes

Was just up at NH for the Pinehurst format, had a blast. Always willing to travel so don’t be afraid to reach out if you’re looking for a game. Welcome to the Nest!

1 Like

Welcome in! Glad to have ya join and looking forward to getting out with you sometime. Once we get a little closer on names I’ll reach out and get that pencil flying.

1 Like

Bumping this again since we’ve had some new folks filter in the past couple weeks. Got a couple Indiana members planning on driving up so would be good to meet some of y’all!

1 Like

Had the chance to get out with my newly-minted IU grad yesterday at Hickory Stick. Was a little windy and played craptastically on the front side, in particular. Not a great scene since I had bragged to him about my wind-aided drive through the green on #1 (328 yards) the last time I played there.

Played a bit better on the back, leading to the 13th hole. The wind direction was perfect on this hole, pretty much running down the fairway after the dogleg straight to the hole.

Well, I could not have hit a better shot, center-cut draw to line up with the dogleg… only to be met with this when we finally found my ball.

I had noted the cener-line shit down the fairway but hadn’t worried about it. Arccos measured the drive at 315 yards, and since it also bounded up the hill, I would have loved to see how far it would have rolled out in the fairway.

Managed to baseball swing it close and got up and down for the birdie, though.

I still suck at golf, but do have my moments of brilliance.

4 Likes

What up y’all! We have an event at Diamond Springs on the 6th if anyone can make it, that’d be sweet. Hope to see some of y’all out there!

3 Likes

Hey, thanks for the invite! I’d be happy to drive up from the Fort to play and make this my first NLU related outing… added my info to the doc. I notice you mentioned it being a good walk, I assume I’ll be allowed to walk?
(Not sure how these things work, happy ride as well, but always think a walk is the best way to soak up a place.)

1 Like

Anyone in Ft Wayne wanting to hitch a ride, I’ll be happy to drive!

1 Like

Hell yeah! I’m bummed I won’t actually be there for it. I’ll be in Wichita for a store opening. Debbie downer.gif

DS is legit fun as hell. Hope the weather gives a good day out there for y’all!

1 Like

I’ll be in Cleveland for the Tiki at the Kiki that same weekend. I’ll be making a trip up there at some point with @dwilks, we can always organize something smaller for ourselves.

1 Like

Hey everyone, if anyone is looking for a road trip this Sunday, the High Cotton Club is looking for one more for our event this Sunday down at Park Mammoth outside of Bowling Green, KY. If you’re interested, feel free to reach out to myself or @leftysauce!

2 Likes