Roll Call: Indiana - Old Broken Bucket registration #1309 - crossroads-coop.com

The 9th hole at Burke has an awesome view of the dome. I played it a couple of years ago as the only person on the course (35 degree 9 am tee time) and really enjoyed it!

2 Likes

Extremely late notice but with the weather looking better and better, we’re probably going to tee it up around 5:30 or so at The Hawthorns tonight.

Free golf but you have to walk. I can pull a push cart out of the barn for you.

1 Like

I was just back in town and played Friday, with "someone very close to the situation. My words of wisdom play it while you can…

Colts owner Jim Irsay purchases mystic hills golf club. Interesting. Can’t wait to see what he does with the place.

Also, lol at Liddy shooting his shot at a renovation. Hell of a retirement plan just cleaning up dye courses.

2 Likes

I drove by that place when I reffed at Culver a couple years ago and it looked amazing! I really wanted to play it, but tried calling for two weeks and no one picked up the phone. Hopefully gonna be able to get out there the next time I’m up in that area.

1 Like

He’s owned it for a couple of years now. It is currently ultra-private, as in Irsay and friends.

I’ve heard many possibilities about what may happen but I believe it is only open for play on one of the 9s right now.

Too bad, because the original owners were a lot of the reason the Pete Dye Golf Trail exists.

2 Likes

Anyone know if Lucas Oil golf course is worth the trip from Fench Lick? We normally play the FL courses and Sultans Run, but this year we might swap that with another course. Any other recommendations within an hour of French Lick?

I would recommend Christmas Lake in Santa Clause as an alternative to sultans. It’s a LOT cheaper too. Other good ones are Country Oaks over in Montgomery and then if your wanting to knock famous architects off your list, Tom Doak has a coarse called Quail Crossing in Booneville (just over an hour away). With Quail, it’s pretty rough around the edges and the greens are pretty bumpy, but I love the layout.

1 Like

Played a little place today

Already looking forward to next time I can get down there. So many great but challenging holes.

7 Likes

Have a trip to the area in August, Bear Slide is on the list along with Purgatory and the two Purdue courses.

bartscott.gif

1 Like

Anyone wanna play The Ross course at French Lick Aug 6 @9 am? Tee time reserved, staying on property to work the Epson womens event at the Dye course that week. Ross is a challenge, bring a short game

1 Like

Two of us Chicagoans are playing Palmira at 850 on 7/9. Should be two spots open online, join us!

Lucas Oil is a 2 star golf course. It does have one cool feature: it’s played through the streets of the old plat of English, IN.
17 is the dumbest hole design in the world.
Otis Park is 35 minutes NE of French Lick, it’s my home course. Pretty good course, muni-sized, 6300 yards.

1 Like

Annual buddies trip was this past weekend and we did a pre trip round at the Fort. Holy shiiiit that place is good.

1 Like

Glad ya enjoyed it. If you can get past a little bit of traffic on the greens and sometimes slower than ideal pace of play, that place is awesome. Incredible layout, ton of fun holes with a lots of variety. Short par 4s, long, kick your teeth on par 4s. And the classic tough 5 / 3 / 4 Pete Dye finishing move. Love that place.

Played it last Tuesday afternoon and we were the only people on the course. Was delightful. Not sure what grass type they have out there but it was a nice change up from what I’m used to playing here in TX. Would love another shot at it with some course knowledge and what clubs to hit off tees and target lines, but as much as I got fooled on the greens breaking I could play that course over and over.

1 Like

Anyone interesting in road tripping south or in the southern half of the state, we have some really big things kicking off as we look towards next season with the High Cotton Club!

2 Likes

New guy here down in Bloomington. Graduated from IU years ago, but failed to launch. Played in the Thirstbucket in Grand Rapids a month ago with the boys from NLU and The Fried Egg. Absolutely incredible event. I’ll add myself to the Indiana Roll.

5 Likes

Welcome in! Once we launch Pfau is on our short list of event courses, glad we’ve got a local scout in the mix now.

2 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure @BDeck25 and I are still looking to get out to the Pfau this fall, so we will definitely reach out once we get a date set.

1 Like