Roll Call: Houston

The course was in great shape! Tee sheet was as empty as you could ask for on a saturday morning and is well worth the drive out, especially if you live west of the city. Great people running the course and well worth the price. Their 12th and 13th holes are under construction which was a bummer but Brandy in the clubhouse told us to pick our favorite holes to play again to make up our 18 (which wasn’t at all an issue with an empty teesheet). Greens are small, but definitely the best conditioned greens I’ve played all summer. The fairways were just a bit shaggy, but were also in great condition.

New to posting on the site. Based in League City. Glad to see others in the area!

1 Like

I live in League City. Where are you looking to play mostly. I am member at Mag Creek and would gladly have you out sometime.

2 Likes

Good to hear from you, and I am glad to know there are others from our area on the site. I live in the South Shore area. I play a fair amount with a friend that is a member at Golfcrest, and other than that I love to head down to The Wilderness in Lake Jackson. I have a great friend that is a member at Mag, and thoroughly enjoy the course!

Mag is awesome

Clear Lake here! Good to see other folks on this side of town.

Chewy is a great guy to play with, we should get a round going with some other NLU peeps on the south side

2 Likes

That would be awesome. I will talk to Mag creek pro and see if he will cut us a deal if we get two groups or something out then I will send out a google sheet for sign up and dates.

2 Likes

I am down anywhere on the south side.

Looks like I can $75 a guy at Mag for a weekend round cart fee included. Like this post if you are interested and I will start a google sheet to see how many we can signed up.

8 Likes

Sign up here. I picked some random dates, just put an X in the dates you are available. Would like to get 8-10 people signed up. Once we have a date picked I will make tee times. I was thinking $10 net skins, and $10 gross skins, something simple.

I would recommend having the course prepare food for us but its quite expensive and not worth the money.

I will make a decision on the date by September 9th. Will try and find the date that lines up with everyones schedule.

1 Like

Looks like I can’t edit the google sheet. Sent a request, I am interested if I can make the timing work out.

1 Like

Try now. I changed the edit functions. Should be able to edit it if you have the link.

Feel free to send out to friends in the area.

Grabbed a 11:50 AM twosome for anyone who wants to join tomorrow. Will throw it back in morning if not

Sounds like a good time. I signed up for a few of the dates. Thanks!

Ok so the most people signed up for Oct 1 so thats the day I am going to get us tee times. I will try and get around 9-10am tee times. I will get three times, which will be 15 golfers. If we get closer and only need two times that is not an issue. I will start a group text as well.

Looking forward to it. Sorry for anyone that can’t make the date. Hopefully this won’t be our last time doing this.

1 Like

Where do you typically play? I would have definitely joined you but I am out of town.

1 Like

Gus or courses on south side like Timber Creek, clear Creek, Pearland, Bay Forest. I’ll trek to Memorial too if I get the okay to be gone for 6 hours

Update on the Oct 1 South Houston NLU game.

I have three tee times: 9:09AM, 9:18AM, 9:26AM. Right now we have 7 people signed up. We have room for 8 more if you want to invite friends feel free to. Would love to get about 12-15 people.

3 Likes