Roll Call: Houston

No. Drove by yesterday and it looked spicy.

Played 9 last weekend, was in fantastic shape. Greens were rolling really well, trash looked lovely floating down the bayou.

@anotherballromes is playing it right now, he can probably provide a better update post-round

3 Likes

Just got done. Best I’ve ever seen it really. Also shit 72 or something, so take that with grain of salt.

5 Likes

Was it spicy?

Was like 1 or 2 under through 12 after I drove the green. Make a few of the nervy misses down the stretch and I might be asking about the course record. Have to stay humble though.

2 Likes

All that said, plenty of time to get the handicap back where we need it at pine dunes.

6 Likes

What’s the full name of the course for us new people?

Gus Wortham Park Golf Course

3 Likes

Can someone provide some illumination on how the memorial park “resident” rate is verified?

I saw something vaguely about a city of Houston water bill but wasnt sure how the rate was verified.

TIA!

I always just verify it with my phone number

2 Likes

Ok thanks! I wasnt sure how stringent the check was and if my outside the loop but in Harris County home address qualified…

Nope. Pretty sure it’s City of Houston only.

2 Likes

Sad!

Anyone know a good pro to get a lesson from? Not looking for beginner lesson. I am a 6 HCP trying to shave some strokes off

I’ll be moving to the Kingwood / Humble area next month and will have to meet some golf buddies. I’m playing at a 12 but have a great attitude.

2 Likes

Gonna play a last min Muni Tour Round at Gus 8am Tues 7/5.
I have 2 open spots, if anyone wants to join let me know

1 Like

Anyone want to join at 8:50 AM tomorrow at Gus? Have one slot

Shoutout Kingwood!

Lets get some rounds in sometime.

1 Like

We will land there in two weeks and I’ll be ready. Not sure if you can DM here but shoot me your number. I’ll have a week off between jobs so I’ll need to get after it after moving the family.

1 Like

Does anyone have a good Hurricane prep guide that they swear by/like? What is actually useful vs unnecessary?

1 Like