Roll Call: Eastern PA/ South NJ

When I moved to CA last year I joined the Bay Area chapter. One of the best decisions I could have made (especially given the circumstances). Met some of my best friends out here through that and did a sick trip with a few of them to Scottsdale a few weeks ago as a last hurrah out here on the west coast. I’m from the east coast but my good friends are not nearly as obsessed with golf as I am so looking forward to meeting some other sickos through this group

3 Likes

This is literally why I started it! The desire to find other people just as obsessed as I am and have people to play with and go on mad trips with me. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Anybody familiar with this? I just heard about it from a couple buddies who are making the trip to Whistling Straits. Apparently it’s flighted so anybody can compete.

1 Like

I just saw this on FB and was wondering the same.

Some guys local to me started a chapter, and it looks like it’s basically just like the old GC Am Tour. I know it is flighted, I heard it would be split up in 4-stroke increments. (0-3.9; 4-7.9, etc.)

Also, I heard you can play in any other chapters’ events, which is nice.

1 Like

Make sure to sign up for The Steeplechase at Jeffersonville it’s one event you won’t want to miss out on

2 Likes

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get into the leagues at Jeffersonville? I’ve been looking to join a league in the area and haven’t found any info for Jeffersonville.

We have a small group of 12 guys that started a Tuesday night 9-hole league that’s been going for about 10 years now. The Sunday morning Jeffersonville Golf Association was recently disbanded for various reasons. Honestly I would call Mike Housley, the head pro, and ask if he can hook you up with anything. I think there’s a number of weeknight leagues if you’re interested.

Do you live in the shore area? I grew up going to Cape May and Sea Isle but really never had a chance to get out and play any golf at the shore. Trying now to make up for all the lost time but never have anyone to play with when I’m there.

Thanks for the info!

@Andyk856

1 Like

I must have somehow missed this thread! You can find me at Twisted Dune, Green Tree, Pinelands, Vineyard National, Blue Heron Pines, McCulloughs, etc. I’m in Atlantic County always down to play now that the weather is turning.

1 Like

Putting this out here in addition to the Philadelphia thread:

Anyone looking to play on 4/24? I’m a single playing off of 12, usually in MontCo but will travel.

Anyone playing in the BMW Qualifier at Running Deer on sat 5/22? planning on playing a practice round if anyone wants to join next Tuesday the 11.

What time are you playing on Tuesday?

I’m not playing in the qualifier, but I’d be happy to join you for your practice round. I’ve been a member at Running Deer since 2014. I’m happy to share a little local knowledge.

1 Like

Was shooting for around noonish. Would love to have you join.

I booked Noon on 5/11 for myself and 3 guests. One of those guest spots is for @LayingTheSod, if no one claims the other spots by Sunday morning, I’ll cancel those spots.

Awesome man thanks. Looking forward to it.

I am traveling to the south Jersey area this weekend, and trying to find somewhere good to play Sunday afternoon. We’re supposed to eat with family in center city at 12:30 and I want to sneak out for 18 after that.

Any recommendations?

Scotland Run is really good.