Roll Call: Continental Europe- hosting The II. RACDG Charlemagne Cup June 17-18

Coming in late here but I moved to Düsseldorf in January. I’d love to figure out a way to meet up with you @dmh when things ease up. And happy to head south. My wife and I are itching to explore and can’t wait for AirBNBs/hotels to allow visitors.

Awesome, love to see the community is growing!
Yeah, definitely, just message me whenever you’re allowed out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi there @Goosed
I am new to the board and just saw this thread. I live in Düsseldorf and am a member at Düsseldorf Golf Club.

Maybe we can make a small NLU meetup happen one of these days?!

2 Likes

@Goosed @dmh @flopic7 @mgarzar @thomstabk

Servus / Hi! First time caller here… I’m based in Bonn for a couple years now and member at Schloss Miel but I’m also down in Bavaria every so often for work and need no encouragement to bring my clubs with me :wink:
Sam

3 Likes

Hallo Leute! I’m in Bavaria, near Würzburg. I’ll be taking the prestigious Platzreife :grinning: this Spring and then I’d definitely be willing to travel for a NLU meetup.

Cody

1 Like

@dmh you’re up :arrow_up:

Sind sie krank uber Golf?

1 Like

Sweet, welcome to the nest - Germany Division! It’s been quiet so far, but definitely time to get something going.

As far as I can tell we have
@cjde - Würzburg
@sji - Bonn
@thomstabk - Düsseldorf
@Goosed - Düsseldorf
@mgarzar - Berlin
@BD8 - Berlin/Munich?
@flopic7 - Vorarlberg (honorary member of NLU Germany :wink: )
@dmh - Munich

Assuming everyone is happy to come down to Munich for a weekend as it’s clearly the prettiest city on the list?!

2 Likes

Thanks, absolutely up for making a weekend out of it in Munich!

1 Like

With smack talk like that @dmh it’s already turned into a grudge match :grimacing: but since it’s better to keep the Bavarians in Bavaria as a rule, I’m happy to meet you on your home turf :joy: I presume it’ll be some kind of mountainside course where I’ll need an ice bath for my aching calves after playing? :goat:

2 Likes

Covid through a bunch of uncertainty in to moving plans so I’m still in Aus, looking possible that I’ll be up that way from September, whereabouts still TBD.

1 Like

I want in! I once went to Cologne so I’ll rep the Rhine Valley. :muscle:t3:

3 Likes

Have travel plans for Europe this coming summer ( :crossed_fingers:) so will keep an eye on this…

1 Like

Well, my only current membership is with the RACDG New York, so the choice of course is wide open :smiley:

2 Likes

Anyone travel in the winter to play in some of the warmer areas of Europe? Would like to take a couple of 3-4 day trips during the cold months each year and looking for recommendations. I’m from the states and new to this side of the world when it comes to golf destinations.

The main places for winter golf are Portugal (mainly the Algarve) the Costa deal Sol in southern Spain (mainly around Sotogrande). We also go to Tenerife and Gran Canaria. A bit further afield is Dubai, which is actually warm.

1 Like

yeah, really depends on how warm you want it. Sicily and Mallorca are easy to reach, around 17-20 degrees in the first three months of the year and have a couple of decent courses each. for proper warm weather you’re looking at Egypt or the middle east

1 Like

antalya (turkey) is super easy to get to from germany with lots of cheap flights

1 Like

Hi gents, newbie here based out of Berlin.
Glad to see i there are some NLU enthusiasts from my neck of the woods!

I would be happy to meet up/ join whatever Community efforts we manage to get going.
if anybody needs some info on Berlin and surroundings hit me up!

• April 29-May 01
  • May 20-22
  • July 01-03
  • July 08-10
  • Sept 02-04
  • Sept 09-11

0 voters

Welcome @eddietheeagle and thank you for reminding me!
Time to get the ball rolling.
See poll above all weekends where I would be available to welcome you lot to Munich!
Having said that - I’m not a member anywhere and so can not actually host at a club, but more than happy to try and organize as many rounds as we would like. Let’s settle on a date and if anyone has a much(!) better offer, we can negotiate location :slight_smile: