Roll Call: Connecticut

Just got off the phone with the pro shop to cancel one spot, but also asked about singles. Currently to play as a single you need to call, but they’re slowly looking into changing their system.

Just got off the phone, booked as a single. They are so excited to be opening back up and were Suuuuuper nice. Got a spot Monday morning, maybe paired off maybe not. I can’t believe I’m going to be playing Yale on Monday!!!

3 Likes

Keep the Yale updates coming, gonna be back in CT in mid October and wanna get a nice fall stroll in (ct resident)

1 Like

+1 on theYale updates. Was hoping to to play it this year for the first time, glad they got it back up and running

1 Like

Yes!!! That’s awesome. Glad it worked out! I cannot wait to get out there, regardless of condition. Walking Yale on Monday was not something I’d ever guess I’d be doing this year.

2 Likes

Posting Pics and Video over in
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/the-course-at-yale-closing/30152/25?u=lawmi

2 Likes

Thanks for all the efforts! What was your overall impression of the course? Do you think it is worth the time to play now or better to wait in hopes they can get the conditioning a little better?

Play it ASAP. The land is incredible. I posted a ton of pics in that Yale thread. No reason to wait. Get involved!

1 Like

I’d actually make an effort to play it now to see it like it is and then play again once they get the conditioning back. The manager is super excited I think he came from Wisconsin and seems very confident that they’re going to get it back. Also thinks they’re shifting the way they look at the course offering free rounds to yale students after noon to really get the students out there playing.

One more thing. It really is only open to CT residents the couple I was playing with saying they couldn’t even bring a guest who was for out of state. These are just the covid rules though.

Yale is the new Sweetens for CT residents only

1 Like

Have an 8am tee time Saturday at Yale and have 1 spot open. Any takers?

Gotta ask the question, why is Yale now open to the public for CT residents? Any ideas on if it is going to stay this way come the spring & future or is this just a fall thing to drive some income before season end?

I THINK, its #1 at Glastonbury Hills CC.

2 Likes

Thank you! I checked out GPS overhead and that looks very likely.

I think the small range in the beginning of the commercial had me thinking public, but I can even spot that in Google Earth

1 Like

Spoke with Peter about that. he said it was to show commitment that they’re bringing it back and that they actually dropped about 75 grand on grass seed just for this season to get it back when they could have just as easily closed and focused on reopening next season. as far as CT residents only this fall that is a covet thing that Yale came up with supposed to be safer. A lot of New York resident alums and donors pretty upset about that. He also seems to think they’re going to leave it open to all CT residents come spring and the future.

3 spots open 8am Saturday.

I think this is my first post and I can imagine no better reason to post.

Would love to get a round in at Yale before the end of the season, if anyone is looking for an extra.

I’m also very down to play Yale before the end of the season!

Anyone play Yale since the September 28th reopening? If so, how were he playing sources? I walked the course the day before it reopened and the grass was “thin” to say the least. I’ was going to wait a few weeks to grow in and considering playing there Monday 11/9.