Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Legacy Ridge in Westminster has one long unbroken strip of artificial turf in the ground which is nice. They usually shovel that off first and open the range a few days before the snow completely melts until they run out of balls since they can’t run the picker over the snow on the range. Or buy one of these from Scotland and it won’t matter what surface you hit off of: https://www.divotend.com/

Fossil Trace has this same mat/system. It’s great.

I’m not sure there’s such a thing as a “decent” mat. I’m trying to think of courses around me that have good mats, and I’m not coming up with any. Fossil Trace has a strip of artificial turf that’s great, but I don’t think it qualifies as a “mat.”

The Knolls Country Club has a nice Country Club Elite 5x5 mat and skytrak. Just need to make sure the baby isn’t sleeping in the room above and you’re all welcome to come play.

2 Likes

Not pictured: 10 putters

1 Like

Also not pictured, 3 Jones golf bags

1 Like

You know what else will never be pictured? You fucks here playing TGC. Enjoy paying for SBCC, I’ll be here playing with myself.

@ajsmith and @brianhorne8 welcome at any time.

2 Likes

1 Like

greetings gents,

moved back home to Denver couple of years ago after a long stint in Chicago. Relatively new refugee but long time NLU listener, apologies for being disgracefully late to the discussion and lost in the desert

see ya out there in the trenches when the snow clears

1 Like

Welcome. Where do you usually play?

1 Like

Welcome home! Where in Denver area you live and play?

1 Like

Live 15 mins south of CG which is great. City Park (RIP), RD Dunes. I recently joined Inverness with a few buddies but we still like to get out to other tracks

2 Likes

That is a sweet set up. I’m itching to get out of the apartment life and have space for golf to take over my life even more…

1 Like

The potential to build this is one of the few things that made me excited to move out to the burbs. We’ve been working to make it even better since that pic: mounted a TV, got a gaming PC, stocked the garage with a few sweet free staff bags, some “art” and memorabilia, etc. @Moultz is building a floor controller for the sim so you can do everything from the mat instead of needing a keyboard and mouse. 2020 might bring a projector and impact screen, possibly a divorce as well…

5 Likes

That set up rips! How are those skytrak systems? The price point on em is great seems like

1 Like

It’s good, and definitely worth it for the price compared to GC2/4 and trackman systems. It’s been finicky for sure and not without frustrations and issues, but it’s provided hours of fun and has been worth the pain it sometimes inflicts

City Park will be back…or so they say.

I remember seeing the projection that it would be open by now. I told my wife there was no way in hell it opens before mid-2020.

Have you been by City Park recently? It looks really close. Judging by the plans for the place, it’s not going to be good, but it’s better than nothing. I think it will have a pretty good practice facility and some par 3s for the first tee.

The old city park course had some really wonky holes and a driving range where you couldn’t hit it more than 200 yards. This could be an improvement.

1 Like

I know it’s getting there, but I haven’t seen it since the big snow, and I don’t recall seeing grass on the York St. end even a month ago. I’m probably wrong though!

I actually loved the old practice area. One big green with a few flags to chip at, a solo green to hit pitches to, and two putting greens. I’d go out midday and chip and putt and rarely deal with other folks out there.

I did see people walking across the fairways to get to the park a lot faster on more than one occasion m, while play was going on. Balls of steel and a few middle fingers.

1 Like

Garage Duel?

Bring it. Loser changes my oil.