Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Need to consult my scheduling committee.

1 Like

The realities of spending your life on the road for work…

May sneak some golf in in Wales in March though.

I’ll allow it.

1. Was being sarcastic and
  2. just wanted you to know EVERY inch of the course to do CO proud and dominate duels.

To emphasize COs greatness, rota is encouraged!

1 Like

Precisely why I’m getting a CGA membership. Who doesn’t love practice rounds!?

EDIT: I’m just there as the emotional support golfer during those. A true hanger-on.

1 Like

Guis

Most of you have probably heard of the RACDG through the great many chats and threads and general anarchy on here. You may even have been on the Roll Call document. But, I’m here to tell you that as the society has grown I’ve been doing some housekeeping today and adding a few more groups in. Colorado is now in the US Rockies group, along with Utah & Wyoming.

If you don’t know what the RACDG is I’ll stick the link on at the bottom, but basically its a playing society that bounced out from some conversations in the Refuge way back in Nov 2018. Its essentially just a fun opportunity to get together and play but ultimately it’ll provide membership to every chapter across the world, so no matter where you travel you can always find other members to play with and get a game. We also hold comps a few times a year so you can get involved in that and even travel to take part in other chapter’s comps (for example the GB&I chapter is doing The MacKenzie Cup in St Andrews in April the same week as the NLU trip and 40 people are playing in it).

I’m hoping that a few of you are interested enough to get the Rockies chapter up and running and someone is keen and organised enough to take on the captain role to get it going.

Heres the link to the thread:

The Royal & Ancient Company of Dishonourable Golfers - Golf Society

And here’s a link to where you sign up:

Crack on!

2 Likes

Yesssss about time!

2 Likes

What are the thoughts on rota courses, I feel like there are a number in contention for both quality and location:

CommonGround (East)
Fox Hollow (West)
Thorncreek (North)
South Suburban (South)
Riverdale Dunes (Northeast)
Walnut Creek (Northwest)
Overland/Willis Case/Harvard Gulch (Central)
Murphy Creek (Kansas)

1 Like

Would agree with most of that, however I’d swap in Lone Tree for South Suburban, and maybe add wellshire?

1 Like

I would vote for the same alterations, replacing overland or Willis with wellshire, and replacing SS with lone tree, very underrated course. I’m putting together a summer league spreadsheet right now, standby

1 Like

We should get City Park in the mix too when it opens later in the season

2 Likes

Here is a link to the google doc >> Denver Refuge Summer League

the dates are for every Thursday, we can always change that if we think a different weekday is better. Just put your username in the first column if you’d like in on the action

Edit: making it public, my bad, let me know if anyone is having trouble viewing/editing

Going to start adding my name in once I’m back at my computer. Thanks for setting this up!

1 Like

Forecast for Saturday says 65*, made a 1:00pm tee time at CG (earliest available), let me know if anyone wants to join. I’ve played the past three weeks out there and it’s definitely been worth it.

I’d be interested. If you can slum with a 17 index!

Count yourself in! The only index that matters is the good times index, which I predict will be high as long as the forecast holds up.

2 Likes

Boom! Can’t wait.

How long have the rounds been?

On Sunday, I walked off of Fox Hollow Links 9. 2:45 and didn’t finish the 8th.

That is the frustrating part of Winter Golf on the front range: rounds seem to be slower than summer play.

That’s crazy.

My wife and I played Thorncreek on MLK and even though a 3:45 round felt “slow” to us for 18, we saw a 5-some walking about 3 groups ahead of us. And past that, everyone from them on back was definitely playing ready golf. You really can’t complain too much about a < 4hr round where everyone within 2-3 positions of you are definitely not the problem.

2:45 for 8 holes?? That’s wild. What was the hold up?

Starts with everyone thinking they need a cart and on “path only,” it absolutely slows everything down. Add on groups ahead not playing ready golf, 3-4 practice swings each, no markers and people playing the wrong boxes, missing the cart girl so driving backward to get a beer, and no marshals trying to keep a decent pace = frustrating experience.