Roll Call: Colorado -- @PJM v Colorado Golfers, @PJM only half guilty

Fox Hollow is the better of the two, in my opinion. Homestead is very short, 5048 yds from the backs, but has a ton of elevation change.

Fox Hollow >> Homestead Front 9

Homestead Back 9 >>>>> Fox Hollow

(saying this as a guy that plays most of his rounds at Fox Hollow)

1 Like

Wellshire? Very central

Hard yep!

For clarification- I was making recommendations on centrally located courses that should not have problem getting varying numbers off the tees, reasonable fees, and different styles to make make weekly/bi-weekly outings more fun.

Yeah, I know. I would love to have a weekly game at Fox Hollow (or Homestead, for that matter). Unfortunately, they’re going to be hard to get to if you’re east of I-25.

All good places to play, I think the goal is to spread it around a bit. CommonGround, Fox Hollow, Homestead, Wellshire, broken tee par 3, etc etc etc. We’re organizing a small screen golf league at SBCC to get us through winter then will figure out if/how we can organize a bigger summer league.

With that said, here are some details on the winter screen golf league we’re setting up. We have 8 spots total, 2 open/remaining. We had to keep it small since we can only rent out 2 bays for 2 hours each.

Here are the dates (all at South Broadway location):

February 6th, 6:30-8:30
February 20th, 6:30-8:30
March 5th, 6:30-8:30
March 19th, 6:30-8:30
March 26th, 6:30-8:30
April 2nd, 6:30-8:30
April 9th, 6:30-8:30

Format & Details

• Double round robin (everyone plays everyone twice)
  • Match play format
  • Premier league style scoring (2 points win, 0 points loss,1 point tie)
  • League is from 6:30-8:30 PM on Tuesday and Thursday nights (please check schedule). Players will have 2, 1/2 hour matches/night.
  • Matches are 9 holes or until the 30 min clock expires.

Cost:

$225/season

Covers all screen/simulator time plus money in prize pool (winnings TBD).

PM me for details!

So far, we have the following fugees in:
@redbeard_golf @Moultz @PJM

1 Like

I’ve already dumped 300 into a D’lance winter membership, otherwise I would be in on the winter season, I’d get lit up by my roommate if I spent another 225

I like the rota approach for summer league, the only ones stopping us is ourselves. Start a Google doc, make some merch, challenge someone for pink slips, possibilities are endless

Man I’d miss half the dates. I so wish I could make it into this.

1 Like

We got something better for you
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/duel-at-rocky-mountain-high-noon/19503

1 Like

I’m in on that.

1 Like

Hard agree.

I also think this means we don’t rotate courses and the Refuge league is at CG in 2020?

god willing we can talk the grounds crew into turning the greens UP

“League play at CommonGround is welcomed, even encouraged. Due to the demand for leagues, CommonGround will accept a limited number of weekly leagues each year. Please contact one of the PGA Professionals as early as possible if you are interested in hosting your league at CommonGround for the upcoming year.”

I checked the CG Events Calendar and it looks like there are already a number of leagues booked out for the summer. I know it’s early, but do we want to start tossing out some preferred days/times? I live 10 minutes from CG so I’m 100% in there, but we may need a rota.

1 Like

Are we out on the rota idea and trying to do it exclusively at CG? I think I prefer the rota approach, both for variety and ease of scheduling.

1 Like

down with rota, we just have to set a day/time of the week and then we can book tee times out

1 Like

Exactly. Wednesday or Thursday evenings good? I figured Friday would be too tough with travel schedules

love Wednesday, but either works, maybe lets start a poll

POLL FOR SUMMER LEAGUE :arrow_down: :arrow_down:

• Monday
  • Tuesday
  • Wednesday
  • Thursday
  • Friday

0 voters

Paul made a better poll below

I’m also down for the rota, poll is a good call. Other thoughts for logistics:

• Select courses and “course captains”
  • Set rota schedule
  • Captains responsible for booking tee times each week
  • Shared Google doc or something for sign ups
  • Compulsory group skins, match play with foursome/twosome, 5-3-1 with threesome, side games encouraged
1 Like

Can you make a multiple choice poll? Doing it in my phone was tough