Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Has anyone here ever seen a show at City Winery in west loop? I’m kicking around the idea of going to see Ariel Posen tonight and I’m wondering what the venue is like

The field for our annual Ryder Cup style buddies trip is a bit thin this year (history detailed here). As a result we have a couple of open spots at Calumet CC on Saturday at 10:10 if anyone is looking to play. Bonus points if you’re between a 13 and 25 HCP. Let me know.

2 Likes

Cantigny was great yesterday. Little humid and wet in the morning so that gnats were all over us… but dried out and then the weather was perfect. Was my first time playing the course and really enjoyed it. I’m in Glen Ellyn so I’ll definitely be there more often. We played Woodside/Lakeside. Ranger told us #7 Woodside no longer had the temporary green, but to our surprise it did. He rolled up (along with the bev cart) right when we got there and he was very apologetic that he misinformed us. He bought us all a beer on the house, so no harm no foul.

Course was in great condition for the most part. I took a double on #1 and a double on #10 (no birdies) to go 41-42 for an 83… I’ll take it for my first time playing there. It definitely helped having guys in my group who have played it several times to let me know where to aim and where you could miss. Would have been much more difficult playing the course “blind”.

6 Likes

Cantigny is one of my favorites! Weekend peak rates are a little much for other places in the area, but it always is in great conditions it seems.

2 Likes

@Setwilli and I are dueling at 7 on Sun at Jax Park.

If anyone wants to marshal, 2 spots open.

9 Likes

Can’t play, but have this message to share:

11 Likes

I initially read this as Jax Beach and thought ‘wow you guys are realllllly dedicated to this match play thing.’

4 Likes

Many are saying it could be the next Jax Beach.

4 Likes

It might actually be closer to the shoreline than Jax Beach is now that I think about it.

3 Likes

Already swept up damn!

Anyone looking to get out around dawn in the city? Golf time doesn’t count if your wife is still asleep

I booked all 4, you want a spot?

2 Likes

Count me in

2 Likes

Been doing that for years!

4 Likes

She doesnt even know the Waveland Breakfast Club exists lol

4 Likes

put me down to join the goose poo crew sunday morning.

WE RIDE AT DAWN

9 Likes

Both of you must pick a side for the duel, there will be no cheering for both parties.

9 Likes

on one hand you have @ChiFFI… fellow hawkeye and fellow breakfast ball founding fore father

on the other hand you have @Setwilli who made one of his first refugee appearances in brutal weather to watch my (victorious) match against the honourable company of cornhusker golfer second city liaison, @TrajMahal

who’s to say

4 Likes

My yardage book for Jackson Park has #11 called Goosetown, can you guess what #12 is?

Summary

4 Likes

Might need one overnighted, what is the cost to make this exclusive until Monday?
Is it current or did it capture all the hundreds of subtle Jax Park offseason updates - new tees, new bunkers?

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/i/status/906607717686448129
Edit: Ugh they took down the true image path.