Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

These are great!

1 Like

Very cool. Did you create these yourself?

1 Like

1 Like

Have you tried making/selling these prints to clubs (outside of the yardage books)? Great job.

ive looked at membership options there, the course looks absolutely pure!

From an email from my club – May 2nd?

While we currently have no clarity on exact timing and restrictions, we are hopefully optimistic for a May 2 golf opening (based upon some information coming from the CDGA). This date could move of course, based upon state guidance as well as weather conditions, but it gives us a reasonable target given current information.

3 Likes

A Saturday seems like odd timing. Maybe JB announces outdoor recreation open on the 24th then.

I assume that Illinois will mirror Wisconsin, no carts, no course service, no clubhouse, etc.

What do you guys think of leagues returning?

I left my house at 6am yesterday and drove an hour to Indiana only to find ice covering the fairways. I needed this news today - even if it’s just a rumor right now.

1 Like

Well all the midwest governors talked about doing things in sync. WI golf is open next Friday, and I believe MN just opened golf back up.

I too assume it will just be the golf, and nothing else. I’ll take it!

I feel like this is all just foreshadowing that this stuff will open back up next week. Hope I’m right!

1 Like

Love the marovitz print. Do you sell these?

1 Like

Interested as well…

Heard from an IPGA guy to gear up for May 1st.

3 Likes

Update on the Bring Strapped to Peoria efforts:

PJ Star article

This is a big deal for the NLU team. Its been nearly a decade since they’ve been in the PJ Star. The last occurrence was '09 with @djpie opining on the beauty and the art and the mystery of Quick Changing.

@djpie We thank you for bringing to the world greater, more heartwarming and cool golf content. If not for you - we would all still be sitting at the computer eyeballing Quick Change videos for 45 minutes.

5 Likes

Jumping across from the “Which 5 Private Courses in your area do you want to play” thread…

Here are my 5

Chicago

1. Shoreacres
  2. Olympia Fields (South & North)
  3. Chicago CC
  4. Medinah 1 (& 3)
  5. Chicago Highlands

What are yours?

1 Like
  1. Shoreacres
  2. Chicago Golf Club
  3. Old Elm
  4. Skokie
  5. Medinah
1 Like

Where can I purchase?

Ditto

1 Like
  1. Chicago
  2. Shoreacres
  3. Butler
  4. Rich Harvest
  5. Lakewood (WI)

Last two because I want to see what rich people built for themselves.

2 Likes

1 Like