Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Sorry, but which PM are you comparing to? I have 2 Larges which fit very differently. I think the one I enjoy more is performance, but the tag peeled off and the other reminds me of a FJ, just baggy as all hell!
In a twist of fate, I’ve been looking at Rhoback the last few days without pulling the trigger. Opened my mailbox yesterday to a flyer for the old resident of my unit.

I think i have a few different “versions” of their polos now that you mention it. Which makes it confusing. I’ll have to check when i get home.

1 Like

I’m playing Mt. Prospect at 1:30pm this Saturday if anyone is looking to get out. $50 walking, three spots left online.

Highly recommend Rhoback - I’ve got a few of their polos - they fit nice, are long enough to tuck in or not, their collars stay nice & firm after a wash, and they’re breathable.

@rpol84

1 Like

There’s a 3:36 tee time at Erin Hills Sunday and I’m monitoring the situation…

4 Likes

I saw a week or so ago they had openings on Father’s Day but couldn’t talk my dad into it. His response was “Eh, I walked it back in 2017. Not sure I’d want to play it these days”

I’m absolutely down, every since joining this forum a couple months ago, I swear I see something about Mt. Prospect almost every day. It seems like it’s the biggest “must-see” public course in the Chicago area which sad to say, I haven’t seen… I’ve been dying to check this one off the list so I’ll definitely be down to get out there Saturday afternoon.

Whoops, nevermind… looks like the 1:30 has already been scooped up, maybe next time!

Highly recommend Mt. Prospect. Maybe the best public facilities in the NW suburbs.

3 Likes

Great facilities and just a “great” set of closing holes.

7 Likes

I just played Willmette last week. Solid track. Nothing crazy. Good condition. Pretty straightforward greens for the most part. Well worth the $35

2 Likes

Just booked some evening/night golf with @rmbartell at Des Plaines golf center at 8:30 for a little par 3 golf. If anyone wants to join feel free to book the remaining to spots!

It looks like the Pm fit for me is as follows:

“Summer comfort”- a bit roomier and closer to rhoback I think

“Crown crafted”- a bit slimmer fit. I have these in solid navy and black and they are dressy enough for the office

I have another “crown crafted” that is not the sheer tech fabric but more of a knit, and doesn’t have the crisp collar of the others. I don’t know why.

What a horribly boring and worthless post.

This concludes my ted talk

2 Likes

Left some 2CGC tees and a sticker for you guys to find out there yesterday.

The rough is looooong and there were some real Sunday pins locations out there. Ranger never even spoke to us, first time ever for me in over a dozen or so rounds.

Talked about this while playing with @djheadley, figured it could be a good way to centralize who wants to play night golf.
This is from last summer

4 Likes

I hope the 9th green is still completely protected by a tree umbrella. Provocative architecture.

2 Likes

This is what gave me the thought and with the wife already out of town, its a perfect time for some weekday evening golf

1 Like

One spot left at Shepherd’s Crook on Monday 6/20, 7:40am. Join myself, @Mattk and @BigBird. Spot is already booked, pay at course.

2 Likes

and cold domestics

1 Like

a buddy and i just snagged these if anyone wants to roll with. two are still available.