Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Only complete degenerates with no regard to their woop recovery scores and coyotes allowed.

4 Likes

FTFY

Hi All—

Recent joiner to the Refuge here, currently residing in the Chicago. Looking forward to hopefully connecting with the group soon since my network in the city is absent of anyone who is as fully addicted to golf as me.

In the meantime, I was hoping to tap the hive-mind here to see if anyone has a recommendation for club fitters in the area. I’m looking to gradually start updating my bag and want some help with it, but I have heard some horror stories from fittings & was hoping to get some insight (or at least a point in the right direction). Thanks in advance!

4 Likes

New as well.

I would recommend Club Champion. They have a deal right now for $100 for full bag fitting in celebration of them opening up their 100th store.

Only thing I recommend with them is to be clear that you want to be fitted with stock shafts. They will try and fit you for Oban shafts as that is a shaft that they make the most margin on.

GolfTec also does fittings but I don’t have experience with them for fittings.

2 Likes

@WehrliBird there’s a spot for you in the MP event if you want it. PM me for details if interested.

Got a spot with me, @Setwilli and @TeddyPargame at 7 am Sunday at Jax Park.
CLOSED - @Mr.Sunday is joining.

1 Like

I think we need live updates to the scoring here.

I’ll get in on that.

2 Likes

Edit: Bourne is postponed until a pristine, dry day where we can get a few of us out there.

1 Like

What time were you thinking? I could probably swing it, but have to be done by 3

How well does the Bourne drain? Might be some rain Friday night and Sat morning.

Just got unexpected last min clearance for a weekend round from the yelling, laughing, loving, toddler chasing, growing by the day better half. Gotta take any chance I can get before our little dude joins the world in July. Anyone wanna get out somewhere? Thinking sat afternoon or Sunday morning most likely.

4 Likes

Sunday morning is doable! Looks like rain Sat.

I could be talked in to a round

3 Likes

Cool. I’m kind of in the mood to make a little trek somewhere tough I haven’t been in a long while for some punishment, like Makray, Stonewall, or Blackstone (preferably - been forever since I was there), but could also be convinced to deal hunt elsewhere. Thoughts there or other suggestions? Can see how forecast shakes out for Saturday.

2 Likes

I’d jump in on that, the earlier the better for me Sunday.

1 Like

Sunday morning at Whisper Creek? 7:50am is open

1 Like

I would make the trek down there on Sunday if its not underwater from the rain.

In, I’ll book mine

You guys probably won’t have the time, but Craig Woods is a fun 9 hole about 15 minutes north on 47. Opening hope is a drive able par 4

Also RIP Huntley Outlet Mall

2 Likes

The Sunday 7 am at Jax Park has 1 opening with us again. Message me if interested in rounding out our foursome.