Roll Call “Chicago” (Part 1)

Why don’t you come see for yourself.

Really need to watch his HC too for any funny business. 12 my ass.

1 Like

You’re in

1 Like

I’m not exactly an active member of 2CGC though I think I’m on the list somewhere - looking forward to meeting you both at Rackham!!

3 Likes

Our soccer game got cancelled (1st grade girls) so I’m playing 9 holes at Downers Grove GC at 1:20pm today.

Anybody wants to join me? I have one opening (booked a twosome).

There is one opening for 6:20am tomorrow (Sunday, May 8) at Downers Grove Golf Club (9 holes).

Get up early, play with me and pick up flowers and Starbucks for Mother’s Day on the way home…you’ll be home by 9am.

@Pinehurts & @LeftysLoose are in. Lurkers welcomed.

Anybody looking for a carry bag? I have a navy blue jones players series (I think) I’d get out the garage for cheap. One minor imperfection that can be solved for. Slide into DM’s.

If anyone wears a size 10 and like True Linkswear shoes:
https://refuge.nolayingup.com/t/scgc-classifieds/69575/18?u=baldvinny

Morning opened up, so I grabbed one of these.

Played the round of my life today with two fantastic gentlemen @Kbergen28 @Kerry at Fox Bend out. Pins were in provocative places but greens rolled true.

Shoutout to @Awol who helped me fix my swing and hour before we tee’d off. Single digit handicap hear we come!

8 Likes

Bad news. The only logo MP markers are the free neon ones. We can send you plenty of those!

2 Likes

That’s unfortunate. I think i have one of those somewhere. Perhaps they’ll get some metal ones in before i come over later in the year.

Amazing! I grew up playing the Bourn (when it was only 9 holes). Not a great course, but a good place to learn accuracy.

@BadBrad I had the pleasure of playing Mill (Milf) Creek yesterday morning. The 9th hole is probably the stupidest hole I have ever played in my life. However there are some nice holes there and the greens were rolling really well for how much rain we’ve had.

6 Likes

The 9th is a death trap. I used to be able to fly it into the second fairway and you never know if a group is there. Pro tip, you can almost drive the green if you take it off the road :grimacing:.

2 Likes

Fox Bend has some awful pin placements on the front 9. The 3rd (par 3), the 6th (par 3), and 8th (short par 4) are constantly pinned on huge slopes. I like the course and the price is soooo right, but those pins make me okay there less.

3 Likes

This is the kind of local knowledge they don’t put on the back of the scorecard

4 Likes

Yeah, the pins on #3 and #12 were very provocative yesterday

3 Likes

I hope whoever placed the pin on 3 yesterday steps on a Lego every day for the rest of their life

5 Likes

I’m a Cantigny guy. Lots of fun there.

1 Like